Hey Infernozx,Sloop or TiminMb - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Hey Infernozx,Sloop or TiminMb

You guys seem to be the experts on the MC 2100 coversion around here. What vehicle did you swap them out of? I've heard 80 cj-7, 69 ford falcon and a 78 jeep wagoneer. I need to get the right one the first time because my parts supplier charges a restocking fee. Thanks.

My girlfriend said if I spent one more dime on my Jeep she would leave. Man I'm going to miss her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 05:00 PM

Re: Hey Infernozx,Sloop or TiminMb

I don't think you can go wrong if you order one for a CJ with a 304 motor. Not sure what year they quit using 304's. Get one from the 80's if you can, that way it should have the pcv port on the back. I hear that some older one's don't. Maybe they are pulling them from old Fords. I'd recommend going manual choke, so whatever combination of electric, heat riser, etc the carb uses, you will ditch that stuff and use a $10.00 universal manual choke kit. I've only seen the jets from two carbs off 304's and they were both #47's. Those jets are working great on my 258 and the plugs are a nice tan colour. Hope yours works as well.

Tim

84 CJ7, 258, HEI, M/C 2100 carb, 5 inch lift, RS9000's, 33x12.5 BFG M/T's, 4.56's and Detroit softlocker, full cage & belts, Xenon flares, Dana 44 rear, GM dual diaphragm brake booster
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 08:45 PM

Lol.

funny thing is. I haven't done the conversion yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 05:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My MC 2100 from Napa has a remanufactured by holley sticker on the side. And was for a 77 cj-5 with 304 and stick shift. It has #46 jets. Works GREAT!!

bandhmo

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 05:54 PM

Hmm, It's on your 258?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 07:08 PM
Old Hand

I'm not quite an expert.... My carb experiences started about a year ago. I had barely had my CJ for a year and my carb was all fubar'd. it stalled at stop signs, etc. This was an '83, with a carter and the rats nest of wiring and vacuum hoses.

The first thing I tried was a Holley 500cfm 2bbl which uses the standard holley/motorcraft 2100 bolt pattern. It worked, but the carb's jets were waaay too big for the 258.

Next, I was going to try the Motorcraft 2100 after hearing the good reports... One of my problems was that it wouldn't let me use the original air cleaner, which I needed to pass inspections here in NC. Also, I never figured out how to identify the jets in the carb. I picked up a few from the junkyard. They all had 1.08 stamped on the side. I looked at the Motorcraft in my friend's Ford dump truck's big block and it also said 1.08.. didnt seem right.

I ended up getting a fresh rebuild Carter BBD for a 1980 locally for $150. I have the basics hooked up - the TAC, electric choke, distributor advance, charcoal canister, and the hot air duct. From what I have read from many sources, EGR is pretty much useless.

if you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 07:09 PM
Old Hand

I got a motorcraft from an 80's Ford pickup in a junkyard.. But if I'm not mistaken, all CJ-7s with the 304 used a motorcraft.

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode