Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Pretty scary roll from yesterday (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/88213-pretty-scary-roll-yesterday.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 09-23-2001 05:53 PM

Pretty scary roll from yesterday

1 Attachment(s)
This pic is from yesterday at the Skyjacker Women's competition. One of the scarier roll situations I've seen, almost a complete roll, and if it was, it would have been off a 25 foot cliff into a small canyon. Took about 45 minutes to get it out of there, had to be pulled and spun using a couple winches, and we were worried about the Jeep going over and taking a winch vehicle with it. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
VP RockGarden 4 Wheelers, Aztec, NM
RockGarden 4 Wheelers

Mike86CJ7 09-23-2001 05:59 PM

Re: Pretty scary roll from yesterday

Yikes!! That's about as hairy as it gets.

"Don't tread on me."

H8monday 09-23-2001 07:22 PM

Brad,
Was that Lisa Linker, in an All Pro Offroad Toyota?
I talked to her husband Eric who is a good friend of mine, and fellow Tin Bender member, he said that Lisa had a very bad roll, on course 6. I guess she was fine though.

Jeff
89 YJ
Adversity is imminent, versatility is mandatory, misery is optional.

**DONOTDELETE** 09-23-2001 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No Jeff, Lisa rolled today. Here's a pic of the roll, it wasn't as bad as the other. I heard Lisa also put it on its nose yesterday, didn't see it though.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
RockGarden 4 Wheelers

**DONOTDELETE** 09-23-2001 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's a pic of Lisa's recovery. She wasn't in nearly the danger as the other lady, though.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
RockGarden 4 Wheelers

Mel85CJ 09-23-2001 09:23 PM

I just got back from Attica. Whats the scoop with the WNRCC, how was it? How many women ended up entering? What would you say the average buildup was (35's? 37's?), were many driving their own, or borrowed rigs?

Damn Im bummed [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] But I had a good time wheelin' at the Badlands in Rick's Jeep this weekend [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (Womens Wheeling Weekend event) I am really looking forward to my Jeep - his has 3.54 gears and a T150 & a carborated 304V8.

-Mel

http://www.in2jeeps.com
"The only makeup I wear is never-seez"
http://www.national-lighting.com/mel3bmud.JPG

**DONOTDELETE** 09-23-2001 10:05 PM

Mel, take a look at my post from yesterday about it, and there are a few pics. I took over a hundred, they'll all be in the write up on ORC on 10/1. Most of the rigs were husbands/boyfriends rigs, many of them ARCA or other competition stuff. But you know what, after watching 2 days of the ladies driving I came to 2 conclusions:
1. Overall, the women are better drivers than the men, not as apt to mash the go pedal to the floor like what is happening with ARCA now.
2. NEVER spot for your significant other in a competition. I heard enough domestic squabbles this weekend to last forever. Could be a divorce or 2 in the offing!

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
RockGarden 4 Wheelers, Aztec, NM
RockGarden 4 Wheelers

H8monday 09-23-2001 10:39 PM

Brad,
When speaking of significant others, and their quarrels, does Kelly and Lance Clifford come to mind?
I am amazed at how those two talk each other when they are competing. When they are on the trail, they are completely civil, but put up a few cones on some cliff face and the off come the gloves. I heard her yell at him, "hey you wanna hold the brake on this thing, while I get under their and fix this p.o.s.", and then "why dont you just hit it with your F'n purse"(while he was trying to strong arm the rig, to keep it on line). Brutal!
By the way, kelly Clifford was the gal that waxed me, on a spur of the moment course we put together over Labor Day. She waxed every one but Bob Roggy that day also, so the that kinda eased the pain. How did she do?

Oh yeah, is ORC gonna cover the CalRocks competition on November 17-18, at lake Amador? It will be announced in the next few days, that the event will be sanctioned by ARCA, according to Rich Klien, (the promoter), who I talked with at length on the Rubicon this weekend. There will be at least 3 events in Ca next season, the top 5 in each event will be granted an invited entry into the following ARCA event. I am pretty excited to be entered, I think we will do well.
Can you give the big wigs at ORC a heads up on the event, maybe Ill E mail Fidell

Jeff
89 YJ
Adversity is imminent, versatility is mandatory, misery is optional.

**DONOTDELETE** 09-23-2001 11:08 PM

Yeah Jeff, let Fidel know, him and Eddie are responsible for the rock crawling stuff, I just covered the deal this weekend because I live in the Farmington area. BTW, Kelly came in 9th, 324 pts. Heres the scoop on the top 10:
1. Nadine Barber 360
2. Heather Charles 356
3. Jody Weaver 356
4. Dana Darien 350
5. Cara Ryan 346
6. Kirsten Randall 340
7. Kathy Crook 338
8. Amy Bullock (Petersen) 336
9. Kelly Clifford 324
10. Kathy Baucom 320
BTW, Lance and I talked for a couple minutes, he and I have corresponded occasionally over the past several years, nice to put a face to the name.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
RockGarden 4 Wheelers, Aztec, NM
RockGarden 4 Wheelers