I MUST VENT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

I MUST VENT

i have been working with "4 wheel parts wholesalers" putting together a tire and wheel package and as of yesterday " we have every thing you need in the wearhouse, we can have it on monday" well today i went over there and guess what, they have not got any of the tires and only two wheels. "but if you want to pay the shipping" well at $7 for each wheel and the same for each tire, (3 wheels and 5 tires) thats a extra $50 and that is not enough to garentee that that will get them here before next week end. my fault for waiting until the last hour, but i have been good about on putting thing on the card for my jeep. this is not the first thing i have herd about them, my brother bought a detroit from them for his bronco, he opened the box and noticed this thing had been installed before, now they said they would stand behind it but still if he had not said any thing , they would not have either, they also did not have the tires he wanted in the wearhouse, after they told him they did. i will never call them again for anything.

well i do feel better.

gdm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 11:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I MUST VENT

How about we use this post to tell about lousy service we've encountered, so other Jeepers will be aware. I ordered my skyjacker lift from Quadratec.com. They told me it was on backorder upfront for 2 weeks. So okay, I waited 2 1/2 weeks. I called, and "Yeah that part is still on backorder for another month" I never got a conformation on my order, they never came out and told me that I'd have to wait a few months for a lift. Thats just some common curtousy. I canceled my order, and got it somewhere else.

'01TJeff

"Roads? Where we're going; we don't need...roads"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 11:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You think that is lousy service? On a forum for ford sho's there is alot of posts on how long it takes to get parts back from some of the aftermarket parts dealers. Some of the parts require an exchange, you must send them your part before they will think about shipping yours. It is not uncommon for people there to ship their intakes in to exchange for an extrude honed one and not get one back for up to 4 months. I read all the time about people paying for a part then not being able to get intouch with anybody for months, and then not getting the parts for a coupla more weeks after they get in touch with the head honcho's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 01:16 AM

I had an order from rustys off road, I needed some lca bushings and decided to call him since in the past i had gotten good serive and luck from him (my mom ordered parts from him for me and she was impressed) and I wanted to make sure it was the bushings before I laid down about $100 for all my control arms. The busings never shiped in the 1st place he didn't remeber that i told him my mom's credit card was under a different name so he couldn't ship em and had no way to contact me. I needed them before the tj went on a big road trip, he wouldn't have them shiped till after the day I had set aside to do the job had passed. I went to a local shop and the guy there said don't worry about the bushings they arn't casuing your problem or i would sell you new arms from a tj w/ 300miles on it, it was the u-joints. I called and cancled my order from rusty but he was still susposed to ship a k&n for our xj. Hasn't gotten her and this was in june, my dad never got billed and i have given up hope it will ever get here and finally bought an auto parts store filter. Watch out, many people like him but I got screwed.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a minny van

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 01:30 AM

I've got a rant about 4 wheel parts wholesalers too. I'm far from impressed with them Why do they even have stores? They have hardly nothing in stock and want you to pay the shipping for them to get it. If I'm gonna drive 30mi to the store to order it, drive back to pick it up, and still end up paying shipping, I might as well just order it from a mail order source. They also advertise prices on their website, but when you go in the store to buy it, the prices are higher than what's listed in the online catalog. They get a "D-" from me.

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 01:53 AM

I have had some good luck and a lot of bad luck with them.
They are very unprofessional and have nothing in stock.
Example: I asked them for a stainless D44 cover, they said the cost was 72.00 and would take “two weeks” to get. 4wd hardware had it for 49.00/8.00 shipping and got it by the end of the week.
They are definitely a last resort in my world. Summit Racing is much cheaper and usually has everything in stock. I just bought an ARB compressor from them for 189.00. It was well over 200.00 at 4 wheel wholesalers and 4wd parts.

Jeeplvr
"GOD BLESS THE FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11/01"

http:// www.trailhed.com

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 03:23 AM

Here in Memphis TN there are only 3 major 4wheeldrive shops, 2 jeep specific and then 4 Wheel Parts. I like going to 4 Wheel Parts cause I know a couple of the guys that work there and ride with them often, the service and friendliness keep me going back. It sucks that they never have CJ stuff in stock but thats not too big of a deal to me since the match anyones price. Now on to the Jeep specific shops. One the guy is a major ***** and charges an arm and a leg for everything he has, whether it be generic or not. THe other Jeep specific shop is ok occasionally. When I need something for the CJ that noone else has I can go there, sometimes the service is good and sometimes it is bad, some prices outrageous and others reasonable. Just my $.02. The last things I mail ordered were tires and wheels from NTW, service was great and got my stuff as expected, and a locker from 4WD express came the day I needed it and the service was outstanding, I'll do business with both again.

<font color=blue>97 TJ 4" Superlift, 33x9.5 BFG
79 CJ-5 2.5" Procomp, 32" Swamper TSL/SX, Summit Racing seats, homemade bumper and rocker guards, Lock Right up front</font color=blue>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 03:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmmmm.......

I've ordered all kinds of things from 4 Wheel parts....Never once a problem. Everything was shipped promptly and on time, all reasonbly priced. The only mistake on their part was they forgot to throw the receipt invoice in the box. I called the 1-800 number and i received a copy of the invoices 2 days later. a good experience in my book.

I've ordered tons of TJ stuff from Quadratec, and no complaints whatsoever.

Maybe I've just been lucky....

But, while we're on the topic of service, I feel that EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD service should receive more publicity than really bad service. So I would recommend Tom Woods Driveshaft to Everyone with driveshaft needs. This man went out of his way, on a friday afternnon, to do us a favor, did a spectacular job, a beautiful custom long travel driveshaft, FedEx overnighted it to us (an emergency) and was also the least expensive shop. I'd go back to him in a heartbeat.

Mike

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 03:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmmmm.......

I've ordered all kinds of things from 4 Wheel parts....Never once a problem. Everything was shipped promptly and on time, all reasonbly priced. The only mistake on their part was they forgot to throw the receipt invoice in the box. I called the 1-800 number and i received a copy of the invoices 2 days later. a good experience in my book.

But, while we're on the topic of service, I feel that EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD service should receive more publicity than really bad service. So I would recommend Tom Woods Driveshaft to Everyone with driveshaft needs. This man went out of his way, on a friday afternnon, to do us a favor, did a spectacular job, a beautiful custom long travel driveshaft, FedEx overnighted it to us (an emergency) and was also the least expensive shop. I'd go back to him in a heartbeat.

Mike

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 03:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmmmm.......

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode