Grrrrrr, stupid windshield! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Grrrrrr, stupid windshield!

Hi all, well, the guy from the glass shop came out today to put a windshield in my CJ-7. It would be the last item before I can drive the thing and he broke it on install ! I wanted a "Pro" to do it 'cause I didn't want to chance breaking one myself, so now I wait until monday to have them bring out another piece of glass.At least it's their dime on the glass and not mine. Sorry, just had to vent.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, IT'S ALIVE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 12:03 AM
Official Historian

Re: Grrrrrr, stupid windshield!

I had the same thing happen two years ago too. I had a glass shop go to the house and change the glass while I was in class since they didn't charge any more. When I got back from class, the glass was changed but the bottom was not seated. I drove to the shop and another guy recognized that it wasn't seated and in the process of seating it, broke it. I had to wait a couple of days for another glass to come in but since it was close to summer and the weather was nice, I just folded down the empty windshield frame and drove it like that for a couple of days. At least it was just around town under 35 mph.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Grrrrrr, stupid windshield!

Thanks WILL, my whole point for taking the day off of work today was to be there when the guy installed it so it wouldn't get [email protected]#*%d up, and so I could go driving soon after. I would just lay the frame down but I have quite a bit of 55 mph driving to work in the morning (and the mornings are getting 'crisp' around here). They said they would be out monday, but I told them I wasn't taking the whole day off of work AGAIN, so they are to call me at work an hour before they will be there, and I'll take my lunch break (no pun intended) around them.

LEVE, thanks for the swift e-mail on the subject. The guy did lay the glass against the w/s frame and it was about 1/4" bigger than the opening. The seal, however, looks like it places the glass forward of the seal flange on the frame...not within it, so he thought it would work. They are sending out someone different on monday...time will tell if he is any better. I really wanted to drive it this weekend! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, IT'S ALIVE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode