attn: JeepN/CJDave - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 08:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

attn: JeepN/CJDave

Ok, update on the twin-stick mod. After breaking a punch off in the roll-pin in an attempt to do the total mod, I have seperated the x-fer, put it on the bench, pulled the output shaft off, the input shaft out, modified the rail, put it all back together, and am now looking at the shifters. I have two shifters, but can't seem to get them to line up with anything without cutting/welding/changing the section below the mounting bolt. Is there an easy way?? I guess it was a good thing that I took the x-fer off the tranny, as I purchased the setup from my Uncle Henry, and the tranny has a very bad output berring ($75 at napa). Guess I'll use my old tranny and save the $$.
Thanks guys!!
Jesse

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 09:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: attn: JeepN/CJDave

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] There are two things that you must do to get this on track: One thing is to make a shoulder bolt that carries both shifters, side by side. The next thing is to use my linkage design. It's simple and boy does it work well. You probably saw my post about our recent "maximum effort" tow to our Iowa farm.....1899 miles.....over the Sierras and the Rockies. Spent A LOT of time in Underdrive. The gears work perfect and making the double shifts is no problem. JeepN has the disk with the photos of the shift adapter linkage. I also have a disc here, but I am not sure that I know how to export it to your compooter. Hopefully, Jeep "N" will see your post and get the photos in postable form.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
A Jeep Skunkworks run by Moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], buildin' the ultimate SNOJEEP!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 09:18 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I can post the pics, and/or send them out, no problem. You want me to send them Jesse?

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 11:39 PM
Can't Get Enough

I would love to have them too if you don't mind. Send them to me a [email protected]

TIA

<font color=green> GreenMachine </font color=green>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 10:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

send or post, either way. Me email is [email protected]. Thanks for all of your help.

Jesse

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 12:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Mark, Have you sent these out yet?? I havn't gotten them if you did.

Thanks!!
Jesse

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode