DYNOED 4.0 head on a 4.2 block - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 10:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: DYNOED 4.0 head on a 4.2 block

Do you race that thing or what? Is it a trail rig? Sounds like a whole lotta cam for a six. I bet it scare the crap out of eveyone. Keep up the good work!

JpShp
http://www.jeep-shop.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A 390 Holley is to close to the stock size . It does not allow the 4.2 to breath well . Mine is a 600 vacuum secondaries . I can stomp the go pedal to the floor with zero bog from a dead idle . It pulls pretty hard and people think I have a v-8 . The cam is totally streetable . People have written to me about it being a mud bog motor and a trail rig only . I drive it on the street and any trail with zero hic ups . Also about the flooding problem with the Carter BBD , my holley does not do this . Honestly I was worried about it because my suspension is so stiff when off road and well on road to . I have never jumped the Jeep and never plan on it and it might flood out then if jumped . My motor pulls like 15 inches of vacuum at 875 RPM . That is close to stock .

post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 10:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The ignition is the stock electronic motorcraft with an Accell 300+ box and coil controling it . I have had it offroad a lot with no trouble . Also on the carb , if I had chosen a double pumper it would have been to much for the motor possibly . As everyone knows a vacuum carb slowly opens the rear barrels only when the motor needs it . Plus it only cost me $200 for a brand new nickel type plated Holley .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 10:09 PM

wow I wonder how many ponies you get from a ford TFI swap. http://216.205.33.31/tfi/index.html I'm almost done gathering all my stuff. I've gotten a 45k volt MSD blaster 3 coil and MSD 8.5mm wires. I might add a MSD 6A box later.

-Tas
'89 YJ Wrangler, 4.2L, AX-15, 31x10.5" BFG AT KOs, no lift, 40series Flowmaster, Euro-taillights...

http://members.tripod.com/GRK_Taz
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Everyone is shocked to hear the size of the cam . It is totally streetable . It pulls 15 inches of vacuum . It is the largest Comp Cams Extreme Energy grind that they have for the 4.2 . Check it out in the Comp catalog . RPM range is 1400 to like I think 5400 . Why limit the rpms on your Jeep to 200 until 1500 like the stock cam . There is way more power in the mid range compared to idle and lets not even discuss the 4-5000 range , no comparison there . Plus all of the low rpm lugging around thing kills your motor . Ever jump on a ten speed bike in top gear and try to pedal the thing ? Pretty hard right ? Ask any engine builder and they will all tell you do not lug the motor . Just my two cents worth . Happy wheelin .

post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The lowest recorded torque was at 1850 rpm with 234 lb ft of torque . The cams power range is 1400 to 5400 rpm . I like my Jeep to move when I hit the gas pedal . Happy wheelin .

4.2 with 4.0 head . 39.5 x 18 wide Boggers . SOA lift with 4 inch superlift springs plus a three inch body lift . 282 HP with 301 lb ft of torque at rear wheels .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode