O/T Stealing Flags!! - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 11:22 AM
utahjeepr

Re: O/T Stealing Flags!!

A couple years ago someone stole the flag from my work. We replaced it and a couple days later someone took the new one and replaced it with our original flag. At the time I thought it was kinda funny. I hate thieves, but at least this guy had found a creative way to get a nice new flag.

The flag stealing I hear about now makes me sick. Some cheese can't buy a flag so he decides "I'm so damn patriotic that I'll s#it on my fellow countrymen to show it if I have to!" F'd up and completely misguided. We seem to have a rash of brain housing group misalignments up in Berkely that I'd like to adjust with a BFH as well.

September 11, 2001- We will not forget! We will not forgive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 03:49 PM
Leigh_Smith

I feel the problem lies in that even if a person gets caught ( stealing flags, messing up your jeep) they get a slap on the wrist, if they are really bad they might get probation!!
I think if they got publicly whipped a couple times they would have more respect. Humans are just animals and sometimes the simplest punishment is most effective.

It will never be finished unless it burns up in the woods.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 11:41 PM
martian

There are a whole bunch of flags out around my neighbourhood (hardly unique, I would imagine), and I thought to myself "I'm surprised that no-one steals them" (then again, I recently lived in a place where EVERYTHING that wasn't hidden or bolted down would be stolen). Almost immediately it occured to me!! THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN BE PATRIOTIC, AND STEAL!!!!!! What would they do with them?
Unfortunately, often those who steal worry more about getting caught than about the moral implications.
Stealing is just plain WRONG!

Either you are an American, and believe in all that this great nation was founded to protect, or you are not, and if you are not, GET THE F*%$# OUT!!!!!

No more hyphenated people, no more commienazistatistbastegas with "it's a living document" garbage. No more "interest groups" screwing people over to get things done their way, to the detriment of good people everywhere. No more lies and fuzzy-legality. No more sucking the country dry.
You are or you aren't, get with it, or get out! If you don't like how it should be, what's keeping you here?

My rant for tonight.
Disgusted by how things are!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 02:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Amen!

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode