jeepgod,elusive,infantry yj, SUP? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 10:31 PM
sas87yj

jeepgod,elusive,infantry yj, SUP?

hey tell us whats up with you guys and the rest of our military jeep brothers RE the BIN LADDIN attack! any good stories going round? are you guys getting ready to ROCK? i wish you good luck and thank you for protecting OUR AMERICA!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 11:31 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: jeepgod,elusive,infantry yj, SUP?

Amen to that!! I realize y'all can't spill the beans before anything actually happens.....

But good luck, and god bless!!

Let's be careful out there......

DREW
IN2DEEP 78 CJ5
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 12:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Let me tell you a story about a time i was living in a tent in Italy...
Every day the byrds were taking off wings dragging with ordnance.my job was to align the laser for the laser guided bombs.I had a secret clearance and i was able to actually go watch the pilots debrief and view the FLIR (forward looking infra red RADAR)(night vision) cool stuff....you could actually see the bombs hitting targets. we had to watch CNN to see where this was taking place, cause we still didnt know...same thing on the aircraft carrier.."hey look...were bombing__________, crap there goes our next port call."
rest assured we will be ok....
i am actually putting in for specail duty soon...may have to put the jeep on hold for a few years....and jeepgod is going on the boat soon...

~~Elusive~~
1 ton tj-7 thingy
http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 12:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 2 frat brothers that are flying planes in Germany. I am sure that they will be getting some action, OK maybe only one. One flys fighter jets, I think F-16, but I could be wrong. He will see some action. The other is an air bus piolt, I think he flys the C5, whatever the bigggg one is. Both will probably be over there. If you are flying on an air bus overthere and the piolt is the biggest dick you have ever seen, tell Brian I said hellow. You probably wouldn't ever run into the other one.

If ya'll do ship out, there sure will be lots of parts in air floating around[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ & '88 Grand Waggie

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 09:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

was on 24 hour standby.. but now we are just waiting day to day.. one MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) is about to leave for the area..
the MEU that i am attached too isnt due to leave until feb/mar time frame.. but im sure if something starts.. it will get moved up to that new date..
today is the big day for me.. to see if i will be able to make the dixie run..
putting in my leave papers.. mmmm.. hope they let them fly..

http://www.jeepgod.net

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 06:47 PM
Veteran

I'm stuck down here in Albany, Ga. The chances of me getting to do anything are slim. I'm run the Marksmanship Training Unit for the base and am the only one "certified" to run the pistol range. Don't think that if they are looking for people to fill the grunt battalions that I won't go.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.<font color=black>
Semper Jeep
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 11:53 AM
Enthusiast

The troops are moving. We just had 39 base cops leave Wright-Patterson AFB to that most famous of military bases, Somewhere AFB located in the great country of Nowhere. They were replaced by reservists.

The base is at a very high alert which has disrupted many activities. We have about 40 soccer fields that were used by youth teams that are now scrambling to play anywhere.

God be with everyone involved.

Karl
80 CJ/YJ-7 FrankenJeep
94 Grand Cherokee
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 01:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm involoved with training as well. We are critically short pilots and some ETS and PCS orders have been revoked. I was scheduled to leave in May but I'm trying to get that moved up. My branch manager said that he has been inundated with calls from people trying to get to line units.

Kilo-1-6
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 02:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Us here at 10th Marine Regt, are continuing with our training sched. We are sloted to go to the field in oct,and are still going. Being arty we would just stay on ship anyway...

JR
"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime And Wonder If They Have Ever Made A Difference, But The Marines Don't Have That Problem" R. Regan
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 06:09 PM

Good Luck guys. I know one of bases around here sherdon reserve base is on high aleart/ lock down, usually there isn't even a "gate" set up and anybody can get on base and drive around now only one enterance is open and 2 mp's sit in a newly erected guard house checking cars. Our scout council is susposed to use the base next week to distribute popcorn, and they are still going to let us use the base but we will have to go through the gate, show id, maybe get our jeeps/cars searched and have to be outa there by 7pm. Pretty crazy, also I noticed that all the humvee's and 6x6's sitting around from desert storm are not there any more, not positive if they were there last tuesday but it seems like most of the cool military trucks are gone now.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a minny van

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode