OT, Global Perspective - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 02:00 PM
jeepfiend

OT, Global Perspective

I have read some of the other posts, and have seen that members of this board from different countries are arguing. This is madness. Yes the attack took place on American soil, and as an American, I am outraged! I have read post saying to nuke them all, this is a normal reaction, but it is not rational. There are a lot of factors that contribute to the travesty that has occurred. Much of the blame lies right here in the U.S.? What was done by our previous administration in response to aggressive actions towards the U.S. Typically, nothing. It was usually blown off as terrorist incidents, and nothing of consequence was ever done. We need to send the message to world, and the world needs to be united with us in this effort, that terrorism is absolutely not acceptable. For eight years I watched in horror as out military was systematically disassembled. I also cringed with disgust as the nation was exposed and de-sensitized to the moral degradation that was occuring at the highest levels of our government. Our military and our intelligence crippled, it is no wonder that this horrific attack was possible. Not only that, our sense of right and wrong was also blurred. All of the politically correct crap that was disseminated during the last eight years makes me sick. When it boils right down to it, issues are black and white. There is no middle ground, if you don't feel that retribution is required, whatever country you may hale from, then by default you do not support freedom and basic human rights. The terrorists in the world need to understand that their acts are not permissible. In order to display this resolve, all terrorists wherever they may be, should be hunted and killed. Those who seek to protect, fund, train, or otherwise support these individuals, deserve no better fate. As a free world, this is the resolve we must have. The politically correct jargon and the suppposed grey areas between right and wrong must be eliminated. This is war, it is not just an isolated act. The terrorists, by virtue of this act, have declared war on the free world. In WWII we did whatever was necessary to destroy the Japanese and the Nazi's. As a nation and as a world we must have that same resolute determination in erradicating those who committed, and will continue to committ this type of atrocity.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces! Except for one!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 02:04 PM

Re: OT, Global Perspective

Well done Jeepfiend, I think you have finally put into words what the rest of us have been trying to say. Like Tony Blair said yesterday (I'm paraphrasing) - This is not an attack on the USA, but an attack of freedom.

Rob

"Anyone perfect must be lying.
Anything easy has its cost."
Barenaked Ladies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode