We're Letting The Terrorists Win... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

We\'re Letting The Terrorists Win...

I was off-board for one day. When I left, there was sentiment to the effect that there shouldn't be any "glossing over" or making excuses for who is to blame, but mostly, it was a board of family who felt a sense of loss.

When I return today, I find "F#$% you Stooby and ....". Are we to allow thw terrorists to win by attacking each other? I firmly, and I mean FIRMLY, am for a MASSIVE retaliation to those parties responsible. I am NOT, however, going to form a lynch mob and start shooting anything or anyone who isn't the same creed and nationality as myself. I have Arab friends. WE have Arab friends (some who frequent this board). This was an act by a deranged group who may or may not be Arab, may or may not be state supported. When we loose our composure and go crazy, we become like them and THEY win.

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 02:15 PM

Re: We\'re Letting The Terrorists Win...

Well said Extinct. I believe it was H8 who said earlier, this board should be like a bunch of guys sitting around the fire chatting. Hey guys, how do you think we got around that fire in the first place. We're all friends here. The people responsible for this horrendous act must pay - I agree. But first find out who did it, then blow the snot outta them.

To further Extinct's point - to say that every "raghead" is responsible is a generalization. It's like saying all Americans are ignorant and the only people that win when we make arguments based on generalizations are the people who performed these acts.

"Can't we all just get along"

Rob

"Anyone perfect must be lying.
Anything easy has its cost."
Barenaked Ladies
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 02:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't think we will be getting along with anybody for quite some time. A sleeping giant just awoke, get ready....

I find it quite worrysome that almost everyone who has such strong opinions on being slow and deliberate happen to be from out of the US. Either currently living in or originally from another country other than the US. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess...but don't try to tell us how we should react. You aren't from here(it is kinda like the Jeep Thing).

I don't even like to use "raghead" or "towelhead"...it is kinda like the "N" word to me. Kinda offensive.

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ & '88 Grand Waggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 02:52 PM

The point is: On this board we are all supposed to be friends - so can "we" as a board just get along. We are all on the same side here. I didn't say be slow. Just be sure who you want to blow up first, no use wasting expensive missles bombs etc. on the wrong people

Rob

"Anyone perfect must be lying.
Anything easy has its cost."
Barenaked Ladies
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 03:14 PM

I agree. I don't believe turning on everyone that comes from the middle east is the answer. This act was performed by a group of sick bastards, not an entire race of people. I am ALL FOR swift and severe retaliation. Like Goldwater said in the 60's " We can always use another parking lot". There goal is to being down the US. If we turn on each other, for reason of race, they win. And should anyone want to know I was born, raised, and fought for the USA. And I'll fight for it again if needed.

Keith

C-Ya.....................kh
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know that yesterday was very tramatic for everyone in the democtatic word and that feels all over the spectrum but I'm happy to see that some cooler heads are prevailing today. I'm sure there a couple on this board who are pissed at me for having the nerve not to want to see another world war, but they will get over it when all is dealt with and over.
The FBI has done a quick job so far in it's investigation of the hijackers and it's great that there will be a face and name to direct all the hurt and hostility towards. I'm just glad that the immediate reactions of most didn't dictate President Bush's direction in dealing with this tragity.
I am truly sorry for all the affected families and loved ones in this but I don't agree that just bombing the hell out of the whole Middle East is or ever will be the answer. If that is what you think is a great solution, you should call yourself a terrorist aswell.

'88 Sahara, 4.2 that runs. The rest is getting there![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode