Terrorists landed 20 miles from me. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Terrorists landed 20 miles from me.

Yep, the news is saying at least 2 of them came over from Canada. They took "The Cat", which is the super-high speed ferry from Nova Scotia to Maine, runs twice a day and takes only 2.75 hours for the crossing. Having been on it myself, the security is a joke. When we went to Canada, we had the TJ loaded down, and the girl on the other end just asked where were were going and what we were doing, then let us go, never even searched the jeep. We could have been loaded down with bombs or rifles and we'd have skated right through.

Security has been too lax for too long. If it's in inconvenience, too damn bad, we need to start closing the borders and restricting traffic. Shut them all out and let people apply through channels with a rigorous background check. Hell, we do it for guns, why not terrorists. If you can't pass the background check, you don't get it, VERY simple.

Some say not to Nuke the countries harboring the terrorists, I say that's Bull. The whole world knows about this cowardly act, and I don't think they'd do anything, no other Nukes are going to fly. A swift and decisive strike is needed, to wait is to miss the opportunity. The Afgahn gov't is already evacuating buildings based on a possible US retaliation. Osama Bin Laden is the #1 wanted person in the world, and he has a bounty of $5M on his head. I say we bomb the snot out of him and still keep looking to see if it was his group that caused the attack. If it wasn't then go after those parties, if it was, kill all the members of his sect, their families, and friends.

I'm confident the President isn't going to take this on his back though, he's going to Kick some ass.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 02:27 PM
Old Hand

Re: Terrorists landed 20 miles from me.

Jeepn,
I agree with you 100% on all counts.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Donnie

"GOD,GUTS and GUNS MADE AMERICA FREE
I VOTE TO KEEP ALL THREE!!!!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am far to angry so make much sense, but yes I AGREE 100%!... and I am not a racist, or a person who harbors hate, I am an American, and the thing i hate most in this world is watching my countryman fall for no reason at all, and others in the world being apathetic, not caring, or blaming US and not the people who did this...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 05:53 PM

The Canadian/US border is a joke.

I'm British, but live in B.C.
When I go over the border, i get harassed like mad about why i;m in Canada, how I can be a Landed Immigrant, and why my last name has changed since I came to Canada.

So one time a friend of mine said to leave all my British ID at home, claim to be Canadian, and drive straight through.
I did exactly that, the conversation between me and the border gaurd was, Who are you, where are you coming from, where are you going to, what are you doing.
This would be a fine setup, as long as all the un-desirables were weeded out at the coast, or the Mexico border, the Can/US border is a political/finacial border and thats all it is.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 06:14 PM

Therein lies the problem. The good people of Canada and the US like to cross the border without a hassle. Unfortunaly the low lifes from across the ocean have figured out that as long as you have a heartbeat - WELCOME TO CANADA. That being said, they do what you did and just say that they're CDN and whammo!!

Rob

"Anyone perfect must be lying.
Anything easy has its cost."
Barenaked Ladies
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 07:17 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Although they entered from Canada , they still had to clear US customs somewhere to get into the US right ? I live right on the border and if you even look out of place for any reason , your inside and asked what your up to and checked out . I`m wondering why ( with all that went on around New Years ) there weren`t flags going off at US Customs went these people cleared Canada and into the US?
Of course this is all assuming they did look out of place .

Jeff

<font color=black>O|||O [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 09:30 PM
Leigh_Smith

I live just outside of Halifax and I heard that the suspects lived here for a year. They must have had relatives or friends who sponsored or supported them. These people must be caught and interrogated, any knowledge of it and they should get the death penalty, not prison cause prison in Canada is a big hotel. Canada has let in far too many dirtbag, welfare cases for too long. Why do we have to house these idiots just because they can't get their Country right?
Remember Somalia? Somalian women living as refugees in Toronto were sending their welfare money to the warlords in Somalia. That burns my ass!!

It will never be finished unless it burns up in the woods.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 10:41 PM

It is understood all over the world that Canada has a huge welcome mat as an immigration policy.

I for one think it must stop. It must become more like the United States.

It was only 2 years ago that boatloads of immigrants were turning up on our beaches, getting free rides in immigration centers for a while, then would be released into the public pending a trial. I don't think one of these refugees went back for trial.

Some people say let them in, but personally I belive the dead ones should be taken off the boats, they should be replaced by undesirables, and sent back across the ocean in the same boat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode