Drop the bomb and ..... - Page 4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 08:09 PM
Leigh_Smith

Re: Drop the bomb and .....

There are no easy answers to the problem. Killing the leaders makes them martyrs and is seen as glorious to Allah. Attacking the population might cause all of the middle east to declare war and there are millions of them. Ask any veteran of a major war and they will say all out war must be avoided at all costs, "kills your friends as well as enemies"
I wouldn't like to have George W's job right now.
As far as oil goes, I heard years ago that the tar sands of Alberta have more oil than in the whole middle east but the cost to get it is higher. I think it is time cut off our reliance on them, make them get real jobs and maybe they will learn they need to get along with the rest of the world.

It will never be finished unless it burns up in the woods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 08:11 PM

Share the love.
Then bomb the [censored] out of them.

post #33 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 08:37 PM

In my oppinion if the US leaves any building within Afghan boarders standing, we have failed to carry out due retribution.

[snip]

I still say NUKE 'EM. It may not be right, it may not be "fair", but it would be appropriate. To hell with the lot of them. Hit every city in the middle east, burn a couple million of the worthless bastards.

[snip]

"and NOBODY here is wanting to kill every Muslim person in the world.. can you not get a point? "

[snip]

... i can get a point ...

... if there is one...

:-/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 08:45 PM

nuking them is just not logical.
They have more terrorist in other countries which will come back and get us worse.
Nuking them is just too dramatic..however bombing the hell out of them is totally different.
First give them a warning..
Destroy all of afghanistans goverment buildings.
Nuking them makes us NO better than them.
Would it have been alright if we killed all the German people who were under Hitler's control?
I say we go around all sides of Afghanistan and drop off a ton of tanks and ton of military people.
Tell them if we have ANY military resistance there will be bombing without regard to where.
Comb the area for bin laden,and their goverment leaders.
Hang them all!

78 CJ7
Spring over 33's
4.3L V6, TH350
post #35 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 08:58 PM

Too many posts to read but I will reply for what I've read. Someone said that the US will declare war, actualy the president has the right to send troops somewhere for up to 90 days without the consent of Congress, which means war does not have to be declared to get even with whomever did these cruel acts. Nukes are the answer, there are plenty of other countries(people)that wouldn't have a problem sendin a couple of em our way. Cruise missle would be a better idea or in fact something that we haven't necessarily been priveleged to, inside jobs, having someone go inside and assasinate bin Laden or whomever. Its whatever, I'm behind the president in what he and his cabinet decide is best for this nation, I had a college government class so I know what the president can do and can't do and just hope he does something. I'm as angry as anyone else, who has the balls to come into America and try to destroy the Pentagon and the Twin Towers. Whomever it is, know that we are on your trail and will do what it takes to get even with you. And to whom harbors the terrorists, to hell with you, if you give them money then we will get you too.

<font color=blue>97 TJ 4" Superlift, 33x9.5 BFG
79 CJ-5 2.5" Procomp, 32" Swamper TSL/SX, Summit Racing seats, homemade bumper and rocker guards, Lock Right up front</font color=blue>
post #36 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 09:20 PM
Can't Get Enough

Another problem with all of your/our suggestions is that we can bomb everywhere and everyone and still have terrorism. Bin Laden has people EVERYWHERE, even here in the U.S. There is no simple solution to this. The only thing that we can do besides act like a bunch of a$$holes(and you know who you are) on this board, is to pray for the families and victims, and go out and give blood.
Actually do something instead of making up stupid resolutions in your fantasies.
Bryan[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

http://www.geocities.com/yjlaredo240/index.htm<font color=green>Dana 30 Vaccuum disconnect courtesy of xjy173</font color=green>
post #37 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 09:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This is not the act of a regime, group, or country that fears the US. A great President and patriot stated " You can not negotiate from a position of weakness. Your enemy must have a high fear of your might to negotiate in good faith" That great man was Ronald Reagan speaking of the Evil Empire of the Soviet Union. The liberals in this country have made us a society of wimps and wishy-washy, touchy-feely babies. The time has come for America to reassert herself. Rid ourselves of the death shroud of sensitivity and fuction in the best interest of the United States and her citizens. There is no need for the US to apologize to anyone for acting in this manner. We need to protect ourselves and stop the Clinton policies of policing the world. They can hate us all they want, if they fear us and our might, they will not attack us. It is a shame that so many have to suffer for this to take effect but, maybe this will not happen in the future. I do feel this pain personally as I believe my aunt was in the World Trade Center, we have had no contact with her, and I hope the United States military will exact my revenge, whatever the cost of US hating civilians in a foreign land.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]<font color=red>76 CJ7, 21/2"susp 1" body lift, waggie D44 front and rear, 350cid, Quadratrac, 33" BFG's</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #38 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It was President Ford who ceased the assasination operations by the CIA and FBI through an Executive Order.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]<font color=red>76 CJ7, 21/2"susp 1" body lift, waggie D44 front and rear, 350cid, Quadratrac, 33" BFG's</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #39 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 09:26 PM
Can't Get Enough

Also...
has anyone heard of the idea of "air marshalls" to be put on every flight. Plain clothed law enforcement that is armed and trained to deal with these situations. I heard it mentioned once yesterday and nothing more today.
Bryan[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

http://www.geocities.com/yjlaredo240/index.htm<font color=green>Dana 30 Vaccuum disconnect courtesy of xjy173</font color=green>
post #40 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

I believe joey had a few points
[snip] nuking them is just not logical.[snip]
[snip] Nuking them is just too dramatic.. [snip]
[snip] First give them a warning.. [snip]

I go with alot of what alfred is saying. I think we all have to understand (myself inculded) that everyone has a different view point. I think we're all trying to help the situation. like I said they are all different veiw points just trying to understand the situation.

For those saying to shut it and don't want to hear others because they are not americangive it up like I said they are just opinions, you don't like em, you don't read em, simple! you have to understand that we are in a global village and that in reality we may be hundards of miles apart but information wise and not to mention the effects world wide we are alot closer than you think, if you want to believe it or not.

yes air marshells would be an exellent idea
Chad

84 & 76 CJ-7's Give me a striaght six cummins diesel anyday. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode