pics of 2 and 3" body lifts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 08:53 PM
Joker2002

pics of 2 and 3\" body lifts

Since I'm planning on buying a body lift in conjuction with some sort of suspension lift, I was wondering if anyone out there could post some pictures of YJs with either 2 or 3" body lifts. I'd kinda like to see how "ugly" they make the Jeep look by separating the bumpers from the body so much. Anyways, if you guys have pics, I'd love to see them to help me decide between 2 and 3". Thanks.

Joker2002
93 YJ/4.0L/30x9.50 ATs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 09:04 PM

Re: pics of 2 and 3\" body lifts

Um, i did my 3 inch body lift on my cj this weekend, and crap, it is so ugly and flamming looking. Im keeping it though because it is serving a very inportant cause right now, so i can go on the trai. Well, good luck, have fun.
Peace
Andrew

Im good at being a Lil8itch, so im sticking to it!
C/O BBS Chat Room
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 09:07 PM
Joker2002

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic, aren't you?

Joker2002
93 YJ/4.0L/30x9.50 ATs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 09:27 PM
Old Hand

I'm looking but I can't find any pictures of a 3" body lift. I would guess that most anyone who actually has a 2 or 3 inch body lift wouldn't want to have any pictures that show how UGLY it actually is. I was at a local high school yesterday and saw a YJ parked with stock suspension and a 3" body lift. From a distance it looks OK... but then you look at how low the frame is compared to the body, and then the lift blocks!

If you ever decide to do a 3" body lift, first go find one, look at it, and think of how much stress that puts on your body mounts when your Jeep is bouncing around.

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 10:20 PM
Joker2002

Man, hehe, I swear I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not. Anyways, I guess it would probably be better to go with the 2" body lift. That seems to be what everyone suggests.

Joker2002
93 YJ/4.0L/30x9.50 ATs
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 04:09 AM

Dont put a body lift on, they look like crap. I hate seeing a nice jeep and then pulling up to it only to find a set of stilts under the tub.

85 cj7 4inches, 33's, working on an engine swap...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 08:04 AM
Can't Get Enough

It's not a YJ but you can get the idea of how a 3" looks. I don't like the looks much, but it will have to stay until funds permit something different.

Rick
80 CJ7
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 09:47 AM
Joker2002

Yeah, to tell you the truth, I've never really thought that body lifts looked too bad on CJs. I think they look worse on YJs, personally. Thanks for the pic, Rick.

Joker2002
93 YJ/4.0L/30x9.50 ATs
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 11:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 2" body lift on my YJ and I wouldnt have it any other way, and if you do it right most people wont even notice unless they are a trained Jeeper and even they will have to look twice. Yes they look like crap when you first install them, here is how you correct that. First take the inner wheel well rubber linings and off and make new longer ones out of rubber to hide the gap in the front wheel well. That solves that. In the rear I made a piece of diamond plate to cover the gap between the frame and the body, works great. In the front at first I had a grill guard and just flexed the pastic frame cover over the front body mount to hide the gap, now I have a winch and it serves the same purpose. No it is hardly noticeable and I love the way it keeps my 32" from rubbing the fenders even with no bumpstop extensions. I would not use it at my only means of lift but to complement a suspenion lift it is great, just stay away from the three inch, adds too much stress to the mounts IMHO. Hope this helps you out.

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-539316-CreekFlex.jpg (62.1 KB, 0 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 12:19 PM

I found this on another site, looks like a TJ with a 3" Body lift. I'm with JeepJunkie - 2 - 3" body lift by itself is not a good way to go. 2" in combination with a suspension lift would be better. Like he said, you set it up right, no one can tell.

The guy in this pic, definately didn't do it right.

Rob

"Anyone perfect must be lying.
Anything easy has its cost."
Barenaked Ladies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-539348-body_lift1b.jpg (23.3 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode