Not OT -Home from NYC finally - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Not OT -Home from NYC finally

As you can imagine, today was a long day for us NY city people. I started walking home with what looked like a million people over the Williamsburg Bridge around 1030am. At 8pm my time (finally home), and 20 miles away from the city, I can look out my apartment window and still see the large smoke cloud. As a side note, the CJ successfully got me through some major traffic to get my fellow workers home. NY is like a parking lot, so we used alot of "alternate roads." Like most of you, I am pissed, but unlike most of you, I look out my office window everyday at the Twin Towers, and now they are gone. The NY skyline is altered forever. For those of you who never came to NY, but saw pictures, I can guarantee that the pictures you saw always had the twin towers in the center. Picture them gone, its a bit freaky. Well, im tired and thirsty, I'm gonna have a beer and try not to think about tomorrow when I find out which friends lived and which didn't. Also, 200 NYC firemen were killed. With 50,000 people in those buildings, the numbers will be staggering.

'84 CJ-7, 4.2, 3.5" Lift, 31's, YJ tub, TR upgrade, Moser 1 piece, LED's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 11:15 PM
WSB

Re: Not OT -Home from NYC finally

Glad to hear that you made it home safely, my prayers go out to the families of the people who were not as fortunate.
I was tuned into the coverage thourghout most of the day either by the internet or TV. I am in awe of this tragedy. My
cousin worked in the WTC buildings, luckily for him, he was late too work this morning. I give thanks to the people involved
in the rescue efforts. I still believe that something of this proportion has happened on US soil.

Wayne

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 11:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Glad to hear from a SWB Jeeper in NYC! Wasn't sure how many would check in today. I know lots of other things more important are going on, but we like to know. God Bless.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo,It's Orange! Now I just have to put it all back together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 08:09 AM
Can't Get Enough

Glad to hear you're OK. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law work in the city but are OK. My prayer go out to the family and friends of those involved.

Rick
80 CJ7
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

All I can tell you all is that is was some sight to witness. Those towers are visible from all over the city, and to watch them drop to the ground like Legos just boggled my mind. The worst part was that as we were watching the girl next to me hit the floor screaming and crying, apparently her brother worked on one of the top floors. It was horrible.

'84 CJ-7, 4.2, 3.5" Lift, 31's, YJ tub, TR upgrade, Moser 1 piece, LED's.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 04:19 PM

Glad you made it home safe. My heart goes out to all of our fellow country men lost 9-11.

I hope to see the day that those towers once again grace the NY skyline.
Upon completion of the top floors, erect the largest ever Stars and Stripes as opposed to the traditional tree in commemoration of their completion.

You can't keep Americans down!!!!

RocknCJ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

for those who would trade a little freedom,
for a little security
...will soon find they have neither. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode