Enlist? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Enlist?

Last night if you had asked me if I would enlist in the military, I would have told you no way.
But right now, if this terrorist thing escalates, and targets are hit in Canada or the U.K, your going to find me in a tank, at the front lines.

I kind of wish I were near NY now, but being on the West Coast of Canada all I can do is wait to help if somthing were to happen here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 07:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Enlist?

Why would anyone hit Canada?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Because they are cowardace bastards.

Here's a quote.

"The United States and Isriel are the same, they help eachother and therefore will die together." - Some palastinian.

Terrorists are insane, they think crazy stuff like Canada and the US are the same beause they partly share an economy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 10:57 PM
WSB

Terrorists probably wouldn't hit Canada because Canada's government dosen't stick its
nose where it dosen't belong/or isn't wanted. When's the last time you heard about
Canada or France getting bombed by terrorists?

Wayne

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

However unlikely, Canada still has terrorists.

How many years ago was it that the Air India flight was bombed? How about the lone gun-man that took over the parlament buildings?
Sure it's nothing compared to what happened today, but we have to remeber every country has terrorism, the United States just seems to recive the brunt of it.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 11:56 AM

>> Why would anyone hit Canada?

Why??? For superior beer brewing technology.
How many quality beers hail from the Middle East?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 01:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Canada will not be attacked... and whoever said "you havent heard about Canada and France being attacked" was exactly right, who would bother with the 2 most apathetic worthless countries.... the world sucks? oh well im Canadian! yay! We stick our noses where they dont belong huh? You are right, LET EVIL RUN ITS WAY IN THE WORLD... who cares if people kill people all the time... peace, love... to hell with it IM CANADIAN... right now I regard that opinion and outlook with as much love as I feel for the people dancing in the street celebrating the destruction that happend yesterday... if you honestly think that way, then you are a sad sad person, and my God have mercy on your soul.... Apathy is one of the worst evils in the world... "The best trick the devil ever did was convince the world he didnt exist"

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 02:30 PM
WSB

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Canada will not be attacked... and whoever said "you havent heard about Canada and France being attacked" was exactly right, who would bother with the 2 most apathetic worthless countries.... the world sucks? oh well im Canadian! yay! We stick our noses where they dont belong huh? You are right, LET EVIL RUN ITS WAY IN THE WORLD... who cares if people kill people all the time... peace, love... to hell with it IM CANADIAN... right now I regard that opinion and outlook with as much love as I feel for the people dancing in the street celebrating the destruction that happend yesterday... if you honestly think that way, then you are a sad sad person, and my God have mercy on your soul.... Apathy is one of the worst evils in the world... "The best trick the devil ever did was convince the world he didnt exist"

<hr></blockquote>

What I trying to say was that the Canadian Government dosen't meddle in worldy affairs like the US does. Does Canada have "Peace keeping" forces stationed throughout the world? I wish that the US Government would mind its own business more often and focused its energies here on the home front instead of overseas. Maybe if the US people became more self-sufficent and conserved more, the govenrment could do that.

These terrorist attacks happened because the US Government pissed off some religous/political fanatic group off by doing something - which most likely has to do with the middle east. Has Canada done anything to piss off any middle eastern religous/political fanctics lately? My apologizes if I offended you and any other of our Canadian brothers.

Wayne

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 02:40 PM

Just a short note here to defend Canadians. Let's have a history lesson here folks. WWII - Germany invades Poland on September 1, 1939. Britain, France, Australia and New Zealand declare war on Germany on September 3. One week later Canada declares war on Germany. Over two years go by with War waging in Europe. December 7, 1941 USA finally comes to war - AFTER their home soil is attacked.

I feel for all Americans, however be careful who you are calling apethetic.

Rob

"Anyone perfect must be lying.
Anything easy has its cost."
Barenaked Ladies
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

France has made US. Bombers fly AROUND the country to attack targets in Libya... and yes America entered the war late... it just recovered from that thing called the "great depression" and was very very aprehensive about entering the war... but after that we had a policy to try to better the world, and yes we did do something in the Middle East, its called Israel... I wish instead of you wishing we would "mind our own business" that you would instead realize that what we are doing is for the better of the world, and the attack yesterday was not our fault but an uncomprehendable attack of pure evil... apathy is blaming the US for caring what happens elsewhere in the world... and i am not Canadian, i was mocking that attitude... its a bad one to have... I am an American, and i am devastated, hurt, and pissed as hell, you are NOT an American so please stop telling ME how to feel... it just makes me more angry... to me you are sticking up for the guy from Iraq who laughed saying "it should have been more" and then he turned around and danced with others in the street...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode