Funny what gives you comfort during all this - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 12:17 PM
utahjeepr

Funny what gives you comfort during all this

As I sit here trying to contact those in my family who live near and work in DC, one of whom does work in the Pentagon occasionally, I find myself keeping this board up. It's silly, but it gives me comfort seeing this familiar screen. It makes me feel some sense of normality. It's like my brain is thinking,"Things can't be too bad, the SWB BBS is still here.". I'm fairly sure my family members are OK, my Uncle has a small office in the Pentagon that he is only in occasionally, and my Mother works for the FDIC (anybody know where that is in relation too the Pentagon, I don't). Other family members work in scattered locations around DC. I just can't get through, so I worry. My heart really goes out to those who KNOW their family members were in the buildings hit. Mine is just a small concern (probably baseless), they must be truly frantic and I feel for them.

My other car is a bulldozer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 12:29 PM

Re: Funny what gives you comfort during all this

I've been tuned into this page all day.. and i'm at work, I've been surfing between this board and CNN, NBC,FOX, The Grudge Report, etc. Kind of shows what a close knit group Jeep enthusiasts really are!

"It's not ugly! It just has a lot of "Character"!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 01:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My brother has a very close friend that works right in the vicinty of the World Trade Center. He has been trying to contact him all morning and cant get through. I am sure there are others of you that know people in that area and are worried about them also, please pray for my brothers friend and all others that were involved and know that my prayers are with your loved ones also. You guys truely are like a family.

Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 01:38 PM

My sister worked for the Department of Defense, as an EOD Expert(Explosive Ordinance Disposal). She was assigned to the World Trade Centers to continualy patrol the buildings and their infrastructure to detect Explosives. She resigned about 3 years ago.

Jeff
89 YJ
Adversity is imminent, versatility is mandatory, misery is optional.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 03:07 PM
Can't Get Enough

Jeepchick has been trying to get ahold of her father who might have been working around the WTC buildings today and her sister who lives just outside the city. Nobody can get through and she is worried sick. I'm sure that they are OK.
Just send out some prayers for the families and victims of this attack.
GO GIVE BLOOD TOO!! I wish I could, but I'm sick as hell, and I don't think they accept blood if you have a sinus infection or any virus.
God bless.
Bryan[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

http://www.geocities.com/yjlaredo240/index.htm<font color=green>Dana 30 Vaccuum disconnect courtesy of xjy173</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode