H8/question about your np435! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 03:19 PM
ArkyCrawler

H8/question about your np435!

Hey Jeff,
After reading your last couple of post it's plain to see that you have a high opinion of the 435.(and it looks justified) I screwed up my t5 on my cj and I'm looking for a new tranny. I have a 350 and both ends have lockers and of course I plan on moving up in tire size from 33's to 37's
. I have been looking for a 420 or 465 then saw your post and mentioned to a friend how even with the case split you still made it out, and he said if you want a 435 I have one I'll swap ya for, (good friend!) my question (finally), That sucker is big! It's at least 6" taller then my old t5 and it looks like its held up by the tranny-tcase adapter and not the skid plate, did you have a lot of problems installing this thing? Also, with it not connected to the skid plate is that how your atlas was able to move to the point of screwing up your trannys case?
Thanks for any info, you are the man, and keep all your lubrication stuff on your side of the garage, that kind of stuff you just don't want to share!
Steve

83 CJ-7/chevy 350/44-20 with lockers/4"lift/33x12.5 swampers on hellcats/9500 ramsey. I'm in LOVE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 04:00 PM

Re: H8/question about your np435!

They ARE attached to the skid plate,simular mounting as the T5 ,some modification is necessary to the skidplate and torque arm,you either need to cut a piece out of your original skidplate or make another one,because they hang lower than the t5 .You also need an AA adapter or Novak which contains the mainshaft,adapter to a D300 T'case or what ever you run as a T'case around 400 to 500 dollars .also you will need a special pilot bushing and a clutch plate,and will need to drill and tap your bellhousing,I had mine Heliarc welded because the new holes were too close to the old ones which were stripped and helicoiled by a previous owner.They are one HELL of alot heavier than the T5 .As far as the degree of difficulty goes it pretty much depends on how many tranny swaps you have done before and fabrication experiance you may have ,or friends you can call some favors in on.
If you look at the Advanced Adapter or Novak site you will find out most of what you will need to know.Do not order the adapter from AA order it through No Excuses in New jersey for 20 % cheaper than AA they advertise in most 4X4 magazines and have a web site also.

Ray
Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it
why does everyone ask if I am gonna paint it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode