Motorcraft 2100 vs 2150 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 01:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Motorcraft 2100 vs 2150

I was looking at the Motorcraft carb that's on a 1980 AMC 360, where is the venturi number(180) supposes to be?
Does anyone know if the 80's 360's had a 2100 or a 2150, and what size they are?
I did find a site that has an exploded diagram of the 2100/2150 but they don't show the differences.
http://www.carburetorfactory.com/evindex.html

I ran across a site that talks about little rods in the air bleeds. I'll have to take a closer look. Can these be seen looking down the venturies?
The site is from one of these High Mileage sites so keep that in mind, anyway they did have good things to say about the 2150.
Here is site and the quote about the 2150.
From http://eagle-research.com/fuelsav/faq.html
"We usually recommend people with 4 barrels to go to the Ford Motorcraft 2 barrel (with manifold adapter) model 2150, which is (in our opinion) the best all around carb. We've ever seen. You don't lose much power or performance and you get a major leap in mileage.

The Ford Motorcraft 2150 is one of the last actual carburetors made before fuel injection, and in our opinion, one of the best downdraft carburetors ever installed on a 'factory' automobile. It's very basic simplicity yet very high efficiency ratio is astounding.

You can tell a 2150 from it's 2100 ancestor by the little rods that rise and fall in the venturis as you work the throttle. These small tapered rods make the air bleeds variable as the vehicle uses more or less fuel. This simple function makes the 2150 one of the most efficient carburetors ever manufactured. Because the Carburetor Enhancer actually enhances the operation of the air bleeds and because the 2150 has one of the best air bleed systems, we've doubled the mileage of these carburetors more than any other."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 04:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Motorcraft 2100 vs 2150

The MC2150 is just a MC2100 with altitude ajustment.

Here is a great link that helped me through the install. Thanks Tim.
http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads//...view=&sb=&vc=1

bandhmo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode