Tuxedo Park value - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tuxedo Park value

Hi
I'm normally on the Jeepster board, but had a question for the CJ pros!
I've located a '65 Tuxedo Park with the hurricane motor, 3 spd on the column, 2spd Xfer case with (supposedly)38,000 miles on it. Body is not to bad around the sides or up top. Floor is very bad. Soft top is ragged. Lights/blinkers work except for one or two (guessing a bulb). Started up pretty easily with a few pumps and ran reasonably well. I only ran it in 1st and reverse (back and forth basically) but it seemed just fine. The front crome bumper was on. make shift back one with reciever hitch. Spare on the passenger side near back. Five decent tires. Hub caps with circular rings which had (I think) "Olds Oil" or something like that formed in them. Radio that said Oldsmobile on them. One wiper worked. The other made noise but didn't go. Do you have to push and pull those switches on the wiper motor the whole time?
Anyway; was just wondering what it might be worth? When I asked the price, he said $2250!! I was thinking maybe half that. I invited him to have a nice day, and promptly left[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
That seems like way to much for that amount of rust and a ragged top.
Thanks for any insight

'67 WGN V6, HEI, 6"x3" K&N, TH400, Front discs, Power steering, 30x9.5 SS's, Convertable top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 04:04 PM

Re: Tuxedo Park value

hmmm...

i investigated one here (Chile)... that was in similar conditions... the guy asked 1100,-

... I am aware that prices vary very much in diff. countries... It should have some kinda split seats in the back, and the d-18 was a "pistol-lever" (kinda like in the TJs) instead of a twin-stick...

the cool thing is ... they are the first SUVs out there (chrome bumpers, different, "smoother" springs, rear seats), they bombed big time and there were only 4000 built... and they are officially called CJ5a !!!!

not sure if this helps at all ;o)

alfred

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 04:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

It all depends on what you want to pay. A tuxedo park with all the chrome goodies can fetch a little more money. They are getting rarer and alot of times the tuxedo "goodies" get thrown away or lost. If it has all the little doo dads and is pretty much orignal I guess that price wouldnt be bad. But you said the body has some problems, so you might be able to talk him down. I never heard of jeeps being equipped with oldsmobile features, so that might not be correct. The tuxedo park is a rare bird. And it depends on if you are going to make it a trail vehicle or restore it. The tuxedo park is best left for restorers.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 05:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Alfred and Dan. The info does help.
In regards to the Xfer case; I'm not positive if it was on the dash or floor but I'm pretty sure it had 2hi, 4hi, 4lo with warn lock outs.
Thanks again

'67 WGN V6, HEI, 6"x3" K&N, TH400, Front discs, Power steering, 30x9.5 SS's, Convertable top
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 06:00 PM

MY '67 IS TUXEDO PARK, THAT PRICE IS HIGH I PAID MY DAD $2500 (HE HAS NEVER GIVEN ANYBODY ANYTHING) FOR MINE BUT IT WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION (EXCEPT FOR SUSPENTION, HE USED IT FOR SAND DRAGS) WITH ALL THE CROME GOODIES. 302 4 SPEED AND ALUM. TURBIM WHEELS. JUST NO SEATS. IF YOU COULD GET IT FOR $1000, THAT WOULD BE REASONABLE.

gdm
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 06:36 PM
Veteran

Here's a really good board for your question, it is the early CJ-5 board:

http://www.forumco.com/sparky/forum....tless+V6+Forum

My speculation is he wants a lot because it's a column shift, they were fairly rare.

-Mel

http://www.in2jeeps.com
"The only makeup I wear is never-seez"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks everyone again. I'm following up on the links.
It didn't have all the chrome stuff intact. The column shift was kinda unique. It took me a minute to shift it.
I'm going to post on the early cj5 board in regards to how rare the column shift actually is.
I really appreciate the feed back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode