Things only a fellow Jeeper would understand. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 11:53 AM
JEEP_1

Things only a fellow Jeeper would understand.

Only a fellow Jeeper would understand that on a day with a 100% chance of rain you would drive to work top down because its worth it.

No matter how or where you park the rain never seems to find the drain plugs.

That when you take off the accumulated rain water comes to the front of the Jeep when you stop (soaking your feet).

It's no concern when your radio doesn't play for a day or two after a good rain.

You wish there where windshield wipers on the inside to.

Somewhere in your Jeep you have a towel (mines under the seat)

Your pants are always wet in the morning from the dew on you seats.

There always seems to be a cobweb from the roll bar to the steering wheel every morning.

Tire hum and gear whine sound better that most of the new music out there.

When you look out of your window the neighborhood kids are playing on your Jeep like a gymset.

We have all lost at least one set of sun glasses while going around a curve.

That cool feeling you get when a car full of kids in the backseat are all looking through the backwindow and waving at you.

How when you pull up somewhere and everyone thinks you just came back from an expedition or something.

You wish that they would have had the Powerwheels Jeeps when you where a kid.

You always want to park in the little grass islands in the parking lots. (or snow piles depending on the season)

Please feel free to add to this list....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 06:21 PM

Re: Things only a fellow Jeeper would understand.

Nice. One thing no one seems to understand at work, is why I buy the "El Cheapo" brand speakers.
Everyone tells me they can get me some good quality ones cheap, or that I should get a sub. I keep telling them it's better not to, because I'd be replacing them everytime I drowned my Jeep.
Then they say "Oh ya, and how many times have you done that before?"
I reply with "It depends what you call "drowned" is that water inside the Jeep? Electrical shorts? or complete ignition failure."
Then they proceded to ask WHY I drive my Jeep into ponds. My normal answer is "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." followed by "It has a tendancy to find the deepest waterbodies." then "It likes it."

So "Only a fellow Jeeper would understand why I use "El Cheapo" brand speakers."

#2 - Why I put my shoes in the back seat, not on my feet.
#3 - Why I have an OliveDrab Atrcic Jacket.
#4 - Why I don't rush out and cover my Jeep when it starts raining. (It's going to get in anyways.)
#5 - Why everyone who owns a Jeep turns up to work wearing soaking wet clotes.
#6 - Only a fellow Jeeper would understand the importance of carrying full electrical schematics, fuel delivery diagrams, a welder, compressor, two spare U joints, and full socket set in the vehicle just to pick somone up from down the street.
#7 - why you tell all your passangers safety procedures. "Ok, If were going to roll, I will most likely yell somthing along the lines of 'WOOOOHOOOO!' That means grab your ankles, put your head between your legs and hold on tight. Incase of a fire emergency, grab and twist the automatic extinguisher. Incase of a water emergency, exit through the windows." To which your passangers frequently look scared and anxious.

Jeep Icon, Raised 2", Lowered 2", 4pt Independant Suspention. (Yes, that is an Oompa Loompa driving it.)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 07:51 PM

yeah, I get some strange looks when I get in my jeep after work or at the store, after it has rained, and turn on the windshield wipers, then squeegee the INSIDE of my windshield!!*LOL*

86 CJ7 258, weber carb, rusty but trusty!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 08:27 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I love that, "Look at that idiot driving in the rain with no top" look I get. Big smiles for everyone. They call my jeep the million $$$ jeep at work. (I have way less that half that in it!) I'v been told more than once,"Why don't you just buy a new jeep, you always working on that thing". They don't understand...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 12:59 AM

-Going into the office soaking wet with hair blown everywhere (or hat hair from the attempt to keep it from blowing)
-Always parking in the corner of the lot with 6" of standing water that everyone else avoids
-Parking at the top of the hill in the front yard instead of on the driveway
-Coming home soaking wet and fully covered in mud after spending 3 hours getting a fellow 'wheeler out of the mud and still be smiling
-Ripping out the carpet and spraying in truck bed liner
-Using the pressure washer on the INSIDE after a day of wheeling
-You know ahead of time exactly how much you can spend on the Jeep when you get paid
-Being out in the driveway under the Jeep at 4:00AM or similary ungodly hours.
-Breaking something provides an opportunity to upgrade

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 01:08 AM
Old Hand

-Driving home in a full wet suit during a torrential down pour 'cause you didn't believe the weatherman when it was sunny that morning. (It helps to work by the beach and have a full wetsuit at the office).

-raymo
4.6 Stroker Scrambler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode