What is this TJ worth? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 08:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is this TJ worth?

97 TJ, dana 60's front and rear, detroit lockers, LT1 V8, auto trans, 3" body lift, 4"? suspension, new 39" boggers on aluminum rims. Hardtop hard doors, unknown mileage. It also looked like it had been used pretty hard for a 97. Had brush scratches and some minor dents. Also looked like it had not been driven lately, rusty disc brakes. Anyway, just looking to get a ball park estimate
Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 08:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What is this TJ worth?

prolly expect the 15-18000 range, depends if the guy thinks his jeep is worth more

'01TJeff

"Roads? Where we're going; we don't need...roads"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 08:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you know, it's a 97, and if the mileage and condition shows, it'd be less than that, maybe 12-16 range, hell i dunno, call

'01TJeff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 10:27 PM

I wouldn't but it for anything but parts or a beater and wouldn't pay any more than 12 grand for it since it will probably need a ton of work. I'm not a fan of buying already modified turcks. I had a friend that bought a bronco w/ a 6" lift and 36's on it and had nothing but trouble. Also since this jeep has had lots of parts swaped in replacement parts might be hard to find and if it was beaten on really hard something has to be broken. I would check it out real good, people usually hold on to jeeps like this and if the owner isn't saying anything I wouldn't buy it. Keep us posted.

barrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a minny van

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it... Sorry doesnt help much, but thats how I feel about anything for sale. I get tired of people or companies telling us what everything is worth. Example, My 91 Civic with over 150k, book value is about $1000, Well to me its worth alot more..... Sorry to ramble on guys.

97 TJ 4.0 Pretty Stock, But In The Works.....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I checked it out today, he is asking 19,500....which to me is a little high. However, it does appear that the work to it was done right, and he did know is stuff. He did most of the work himself and with the help of a buddy. That sounds bad, but I was asking him about it, and he told me how they did the welds on the cast parts of the axles, and how he got a custom computer chip burned for it, etc. etc. Well anyway besides being scratched up for a 97, it seemed pretty good. It needs some brake work, which wouldn't be cheap since the D60's he used were high pinion models from a 99 superduty. So I imagine discs and such are fairly pricy. Basically, everything is there and functional, it just needs the odds and ends taken care of...detail stuff. But I think I could get it for 18k, hopefully more like 16-17k though. Well any more comments on it?
Dan

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 10:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

whats the mileage? That sounds awfully pricey/ well good luck

'01TJeff

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 02:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

funny....as far as i know...the Stupid duy's didnt use D60s...let alone high pinions...i KNOW the front end is a Dana 50... and the rear is that 10.25" Sterling thing...then again, I'm no frod guy, but he sounds full of it...i wouldnt buy it!!

Remy

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 09:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well it depends what you need, if you need the V-8(that can cost you close to $5000, if done right), If you need the 39 boggers(that can cost $200 a piece), if you need the dana 60(then that can be another $3000), if you keep adding then maybe the asking price will start making sense. I always say if I like the vehicle and I have the money I dont ask I buy it. But again for a couple thousands more and you can get a brand new TJ. Good luck.
junior

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 11:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dana 60's are used in the front of Diesel Super Duties but not the gas models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode