2001 body lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 10:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2001 body lift

I am told there is a problem with body lifts on 2001 wranglers with ac is this true or is it only on some kits above 1 inch if so what is the problem I want to install a 1 inch body lift thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 11:06 AM
Old Hand

Re: 2001 body lift

I have heard this, but not seen it yet. I have a/c on my 2000 with a 2" body lift and no problems. I do have to say, regretfully, that I had my body lift installed when I first got the Jeep so there might be something I don't know. I'm sure they would have said something if they had to move lines though. The only thing that had to be done that they told me about was the shifter linkage for the transfer case needed a little drop down bracket.

BIGJEEPTJ
A man's got to believe in something, I believe I'll have another[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 11:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

where can I get this bracket I want to use 33 tires on 15x12.5 rims and still have tyhe factory ride others said to use 2 ' spring spacers and a 1' body lift

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 12:14 PM
Old Hand

I'm not sure, but I think it came with the body lift. If not then you can make one very easily with a 3"x3" piece of steel and 2 new bolts. Drill 5 holes (2 top 2 bottom 1 center) The distance between holes depends on how much lift. Bolt the linkage to the bottom 2 and the top 2 bolt into the factory holes. Then slide the linkage rod into the center hole.

BIGJEEPTJ
A man's got to believe in something, I believe I'll have another[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 01:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

did your lift change the ride quality?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 06:23 PM
Old Hand

Here's a pic of the bracket. I guess it's actually 3.5"x2.5" and 2 holes in the top and 3 in the bottom. This is on a 2" lift though. The piece you see bolted on is on your jeep now. You take it off and bolt it to the bottom holes with the new bolts then mount the plate in the old holes and slide the linkage in. And you shouldn't have any change in ride quality with just a body lift. Even if you go with a coil spacer lift you won't notice much. I had 2" body + 2" coil spacer with 35" swampers and you wouldn't believe how nice it rode for a Jeep with 35's.
Later
Adam

BIGJEEPTJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-530932-bracket.jpg (12.2 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 07:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

did you use a sye after or a transfur case lowering kit or was there any vibrations at all after the 2' lift to the springs thanks
Also I have ordered a stage 2 chip and borla headers and catback also a freeflow cat. i wanted to know if there is a big difference between stage 1 and 2 chips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode