Jeeps & Harleys - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Jeeps & Harleys

I am between Jeeps right now (rolled mine last December) and have decided to buy a Harley. I am currently deployed to Kuwait and have purchased a 2002 Dyna Super Glide through the AAFES new car program. Of course I have to wait until December to have it delivered. I don't know what I will do with a new bike in Wisconsin in December. Does anyone know of any Harley sites that come close to the quality of this forum? This is a great site and I'm sure there area few Harley fans out there.

Patrick Kulas
(Jeepless)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-529779-Dyna_FXD_lxrd2.jpg (55.7 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 08:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Jeeps & Harleys

Seriously I doubt it. I have never seen a forum with as many subjects/posts/really useful stuff as this one. Try the old fassion way and look, try mamma.com.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 10:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

One thing about Jeep and Harley owners. There are a lot of similarities between the 2 breeds. Extreme brand loyalty, American made and proud of it, like to work on own vehicle and make mods, wave to each other. The list could go on. BTW, we have probably the 2nd biggest Harley rally in existence in our area this weekend, the Iron Horse Rally, its base in Ignacio, but their all over from Durango to Farmington. Some amazing machines, and some amazing passengers, too! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
VP RockGarden 4 Wheelers, Aztec, NM
RockGarden 4 Wheelers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 11:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

American made? Unfortunately my CJ-7 was made in Canada and Chysler has all those German fingers in the pot now. I truely don't think there is any vehicle out there that has some part of the cash going out of the country. I work for Bosch (German) making rear Corner Modules for the Ford Explorer. We have 21 different vendors that supply components. Some are American, some are not. The fact is that some of your money is going to leave the country no matter what you buy.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 11:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The point is BOTTOM LINE PROFITS, they can go to an American corp. See my post on American made.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
VP RockGarden 4 Wheelers, Aztec, NM
RockGarden 4 Wheelers
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 12:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wish thatsome how jeep could become employee owned like Harley then the Germans wouldn't be running the show and eventually mes Jeep up. According to what I have read on the Cherokee board Mercedies is making Jeep use the Mercedies off road platform to build the new Grand Cherokee on which will ruin the GC.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 02:38 PM

But at the same time you can't deny that Germans are a hard working nation, that make excellent cars.

I'd take a VW over any RiceCrap anyday.

Jeep Icon, Raised 2", Lowered 2", 4pt Independant Suspention. (Yes, that is an Oompa Loompa driving it.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode