TJ Lift? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

TJ Lift?

A friend of mine has a 2000 TJ, and wanted to lift it and shove some 33's on it.
I know a little bit about lifting, as my YJ is lifted, but this whole coil thing makes my head spin.
She's just looking for a cheap lift, that won't degrade road performance too much. It's going to be pretty much a "Street Warrior." to help her pickup the guys.
her automotive skills are little more then my mothers, she can change fluids. (my mom knows "keys, gas, breaks, steering wheel." don't bother asking her about the indicator.)

So whats the best lift? She may eventually get into light off-roading, but right now she's pissed that her Jeep got wet inside when it rained.

She will definately get a shop to do it, but I'd like to tell her before hand what it's all about and how much it should be, so the guy at the shop doesn't confuse her and rip her off.

In short. 2001 TJ, Manual 4.0L, Running bone stock, wants to put 33's under it, any lift will do. (Can you do body on a TJ?) Cheap Lift, needed for daily pavement pounding, minimal off-road in the future. (maybe)
Cost to drive it in stock, and drive it out on 33's? apx?

Jeep Icon, Raised 2", Lowered 2", 4pt Independant Suspention. (Yes, that is an Oompa Loompa driving it.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 08:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TJ Lift?

you can put a 3" body lift on a TJ, but everybody recommends that you go no higher than a 1" w/ TJ body lifts. get some DayStar Coil Spring spacers. theyre easy to install and take out and are only about 100 bucks. theyll lift it about 1"-2". you could probably get away with a 2" body lift totalling about 3"-4" of total lift. you can fit 31" on a stock TJ so that much lift should allow for 33's. hope this helps.

It's not a CAR, it's not a TRUCK...its a JEEP-get it right.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 09:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine is lifted 3.5",no body lift.I was told i could fit 33s-12.5 without rubbing if i change the wheels to a different offset.Stock offset on the 15x8 canyon wheels are around 5.25,not 100% sure.Also is she running 3.73:1 or 3.07:1.

2001 TJ,4.0,Dana44,31"BFG,Sun Performance Rockers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

I dunno what gears she's running.
Maybe 1" body, and then 2" coil spacers?

Thats about what $300 USD? + Shop work costs? + Tires/Wheels?

Jeep Icon, Raised 2", Lowered 2", 4pt Independant Suspention. (Yes, that is an Oompa Loompa driving it.)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 04:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shop costs... For a body lift, and coil spacers.. $hit, if she was cute, I'd put it in for her.

JR
"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime And Wonder If They Have Ever Made A Difference, But The Marines Don't Have That Problem" R. Regan
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 04:16 PM
utahjeepr

Figure 2-3 hours for the coil spacers and the body lift. That's actual time(estimate), I haven't seen a "flag" time on this kind of thing but they may have something at 4wd shops. They may have a flat rate time for these things. Don't know what shop time runs in your neck of the woods, but $35-$50 is cheap around here with $50-$65 being pretty average. Wheels vary wildly in price depending upon what she's gonna want, 33" name brand tires are gonna run at least $150-$175 each mounted and balanced. "Generics" are slightly cheaper (but not much) in 33". All this is in USD, don't know about Canadian.

My other car is a bulldozer!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Thats about 1.5 million or so CDN.
Now I'm going to think out loud.

3hrs at $80/hr = $240?
$150 x 4tires = $600?
Wheels??
lift itself body/spacers = $200?
That look about right for rounded up in USD?
$1040 + Wheels?
$1500 + Wheels CDN.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 07:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4Wheel parts has a suspension,tire,and wheel package for $1899.Here what you get ProComp stage 2 suspension 4" lift,shocks,4 ProComp 33s by 12.5 MT,and you choice between Centerline hellcat wheels,Weld 46 wheels,or American Eagle1179 wheels all mounted and balanced.Labor for lift kit extra.

Jeff 2001 TJ,4.0,3"RE super-flex,Dana44,31"BFG,Sun Performance Rockers
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

thnx

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the one inch recommendation is because if her TJ has AC, 1 inch is all that it can go

'01TJeff

"Roads? Where we're going; we don't need...roads"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode