Off Roading Forums banner

Question for STOOBY

323 views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Stooby, as you are a Canadian and deal with NAPA, maybe you can help me out. I installed a Weber 32/36 and needed the fuel pressure regulator. I got the NAPA part number from this web site and went to a NAPA dealer just north of Toronto. They did not recognize the part number nor, did they have the part. Now my problem. I've got all the part numbers, from this web site, for the TFI modification to my 88 YJ 4.2, however, NAPA does not use these part numbers. Have you or any other Canadian installed the TFI? If yes, what are the part numbers and who stocks them?

Hope you can help

Ralph...

Carpe Diem - to make every day count!

G
#2 ·
I just did the TFI upgrade last week. I printed out the part numbers from the TR Upgrade site on this boards tech section. The few items that didn't have a NAPA part number, the guy just looked up in his book when I told him what I wanted. The TFI parts are all stock Ford ignition parts from a 300 I6 used between 82-86. Even without the NAPA part number, the guys there should have been able to help you if you told them what the part is you need. It is getting harder to find a parts counter with car guy's behind them though. I had a lot of fun at Jeep when I did the 4.0 head swap onto my 4.2. I wanted the gasket set and they kept asking me what year my Jeep was. I would tell them '88 and they would tell me the '88 didn't have the 4.0. Then I would explain the swap and so on... The parts guys don't know about cars and parts and the computers they use are useless with out the correct info from a stock car.

'88 Sahara, 4.2 that runs. The rest is getting there!/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif

#3 ·
I hate the way the new guys are so clueless.

The best way is not to tell them what you have, just what you want, for whatever vehicle it comes stock on.
Or show them the part (broken) you have, and they can normally find the right piece.
It's easier not to explain.

Jeep Icon, Raised 2", Lowered 2", 4pt Independant Suspention. (Yes, that is an Oompa Loompa driving it.)

G
#4 ·
I used to work in an auto parts store, nearly a year.

Why don't most of the people there know anything? Because those places pay SO LITTLE, people with vehicular knowledge quickly find better, higher paying opportunities elsewhere, as in my case. They also have an EXTREMELY high employee turnover rate, partly because of the low wages, and partly because of the beligerance of most customers. (IMO)

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)

G
#5 ·
The trick seems to be, find the guy who owns the nice car in the parking lot and make him your parts guy.
Our parts dept at wokd had a funny cartoon on there wall for a while. It was an upset customer with his down on the counter, banging one fist on the counter out of dispair and pointing at a box of parts on a shelf on behind the counter with the other hand. The clerk is pictured standing behind the computer screen shaking his head and saying "It's no use pointing at it Sir, the computer says we don't have any!"

'88 Sahara, 4.2 that runs. The rest is getting there!/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.