Muddy Pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Muddy Pics

I went for a dip today and ended up dipping a bit more than planned. I hit a bog that seemed pretty shallow, but when I hit it, i just sank down. I had it in 4high being unaware of depth, so cranked to 4low, and seemed to have just sank. wasn't going anywhere, so popped back to 4 high, and pulled forward.. I kept trying to rock back and forth between 1st and reverse, and I got up to the end of the big, and I planted my oil pan on a mound in the middle, so I wasn't going anywhere. Little did I know I was on the mound, so I spun the tires some more, turning side to side, and finally, POP.. I look out, and my front tires aren't spinning. I said oh crap, thats not a good sign. right there I turned it off, and got on the phone. None of my friends were home, so I'm stuck in BFE. (I know stupid me to go alone, but I had the urge) I walked over to where they're building apartments, and one of the guys offered, didn't even have to ask. Got his duallie down there, hooked up, and yanked me out backwards after a few tugs. Amen for the tow hooks. After close examination on pavement, it was confirmed, broken CV joint. Said a quick prayer to the jeep Gods, and apologized to my Jeep. This happen to anyone else on a vehicle that's a month old? I wasn't even hard on it, i thought I was pretty darn gentle considering what I used to do to my 4runner. for now my buddy is 2wd only. the rut I got stuck in was from my friend and his 33's. Posted a few pics..

Give me some fresh air, and give me that farm, give me some time with you in my arms, cause I'm gonna feed my soul, where the black top ends...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-509128-Mvc-011s.jpg (41.4 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Muddy Pics

'nother

Give me some fresh air, and give me that farm, give me some time with you in my arms, cause I'm gonna feed my soul, where the black top ends...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-509134-Mvc-010s.jpg (40.5 KB, 1 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-509137-Mvc-009s.jpg (46.8 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

whala

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-509139-Mvc-006s.jpg (33.7 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

last, swear

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-509140-Mvc-002s.jpg (42.8 KB, 0 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry, I buried my D30 pumpkin, and lodged mud up to the oil pan, and skid plate. I'm ordering my 4 inch lift ASAP. I'm gonna clean it as good as I can and take it back to the dealer, it's still under warranty. hope it works. I have the 33's in the garage, now all I need is Elusive to hook me up with those spacers so I can use my rims...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 12:23 AM

lol

If I ever get a TJ under warranty ill do that.

Put on 31's and wreck it, take it home clean it, stock tires on, and back to the dealership.

Wonder if it would work?

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 12:24 AM
Pog

That is way cool man best way to break it in, keep ridin

Ride 'N' High
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 01:23 AM
Mud in my Veins

Listen, with those dinky tires, you'd better stay away from ALL mud (loose gravel and grassy yards, too!). As my pappy's fond of saying, "you couldn't pull a greasy string out of cats ass" with street rubber in the mud.
BTW, what color is it? Silver? It's a nice contrast to the black top. I like it.

Caver Dave
Vintage Jeeps(ters) have Character,
new Jeeps just have payments.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 03:39 AM
Old Hand

Did the same thing about two weeks ago and led a load of newbies astray [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
They said there was no mud on the site, so I went out to find some and got about 7 of us stuck... Great fun apart from the cleaning afterwards [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I am the one in the white CJ...

Hooch

'83 CJ-7 in Land Rover Country

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode