Spindle & Wheel Bearing Q's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Spindle & Wheel Bearing Q\'s

I went to Six States today and got all my bearings and races and seals to do my front end. I have a few questions. I did wheel bearings on my old CJ-7, but that was a few years back, so I'm a bit hazy. And they guy that helped isn't around anymore(ex's dad). I know how to pack the bearings, but there's a few parts I have q's about. The book says to place a small quanity of grease inboard each bearing race inside the hub. Using my finger, form a dam at these points. I don't quite follow where the grease goes. Just slap some grease over each race where the bearing rides? That simple? I also need some clarificaiton on installing the inner spidle bearing. The needle roller bearing hase two sides. One's pretty flat and has some info stamped on it. The other side is curved. Which end goes in which?

Any other parts I'm missing? Anything I should grease or check? The book seems clear on putting the nuts and washers in.

Man, I need to get my arse up and find a club to join in my area so I got some people to turn to with my questions. I feel like a abuse this board a bit much[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Now search friendly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 02:00 AM
Old Hand

Re: Spindle & Wheel Bearing Q\'s

Jam,

Don't feel bad about asking questions. Others are surely following along and making notes. Also, you are going to know all these answers and will be able to help the next guy along.

-ray

-raymo
4.6 Stroker Scrambler
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 04:33 AM
Keyboard Implanted

ok.. lets see.. after you beat the races into position.. i put grease on them.. the face of them.. i grease every damn thing.. for that inner bearing.. the fat part of the roller bearings go inboard.. spindle side.. once that is in i pack the whole hub with grease.. to help keep water out..

http://www.jeepgod.net

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 07:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

i do the same thing pat said. Fill that hub with grease that way water cant come in. Also before you band the races in spear some grease on the hub where the race goes. That will help the race come back out when you need it too.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode