Painting With A Wagner? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 09:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Painting With A Wagner?

Has anyone ever used a Wagner power painter to paint their rig? Will these work? Will you get the proper dispersal of paint out of the gun or will it be too globy? I was just wondering this because I was walking through Walmart tonight in the paint aisle and noticed them on the wall. Of course the though popped into my head about how well it work would. I just didn't know if you could use it on thinned out paint.

David
Missouri
'84 YJ7
258 cid Motorcraft 2100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Painting With A Wagner?

Probly not, it depends on how good of a paint job you want. I have an auto body paint gun and a "household", paint gun. At least that is what the maker; Cambell-Hausfeld calls it. Even household latex paint has to be thinned for this, "household", gun. You have to get proper atomization of the paint for good application. The Wagner is built for thicker paint and will probly drip and splatter with the automotive paints.
Besides paint guns for compressors are cheap, its the compressor that isn't but when you do bite the bullet it is well worth it. Can't live without my impact wrench!

85'CJ, stock for now! It's a Jeep thing ...my wife doesn't understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode