Off Roading Forums banner

may I ask a stupid question- OT

334 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mel85CJ 
#1 ·
since feb of 1983 i been driving a company truck home daily, not really caring about MPG. now due to a fellow worker who cannot see anything wrong with getting drunk and knocking down telephone poles, we have to park them in the yard.

Now I drive my boat puller to work, a 85 toyota P/U with four clyinder. I have to drive 12 miles of heavy traffic with stop light every 1/4 mile and you will catch every one.

My question is I,m getting 24mpg on every tank full. Is this good? Is this about average? what are the other small trucks doing. If I could get highway maybe I could squeege 27? With the price of gas I must watch every penny.

brownbagg

#4 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif That is suspiciously high. Usually you cannot get that even on hiway driving with ANY pickup, liddle, big, Nip, or Yank....especially an earlier model like the '85.

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

#5 ·
I have got an '84 Nissan P/U that gets around 25 mpg in town and about 29 mpg on the highway. I usually drive this due to long commutes and the gas mileage it gets. It has a four banger with a 2 bbl carb that has about 12 horsepower, but it gets me where I am going for cheaper than the jeep does. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif'46 CJ 2-A Rusty, but still fun to drive and easy to work on./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

#6 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif TWELVE HP!../wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif...the moonguys just cracked up!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.