Back from Vacation - long - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Back from Vacation - long

Just got back from a week's vacation at the cottage. Holy cow there were a lot of posts when I got back.

Did some great wheelin' though. Really tested me and my rig, but made it back with no damage. It's funny, coming back last night, the Jeep seemed to sit a little higher, act a little prouder, it was challenged, it conquered.

I can't quite say the same for my buddy and his 96 Grand Cherokee Up-Country. We were out exploring together, found a brand new trail, led right to a remote lake - very cool. Trail ends there though, so we turn around and head back down the hill (that's right you go uphill to a lake) He starts his descent, the next thing I know his back tire is floating in midair, the very next thing I see, is his rig on its side. A tree cracked his windshield, but kept him from rolling right over. Other than the windshield, only minor body damage. It's too bad, because we had such a good time getting to the lake. He was okay, just a bit upset at himself. Surprisingly, his JeepChick was very calm about it. Although she heard it all second hand.

Maybe that turd that wrote the article on the Grand Cherokee being to focused on off-road should talk to my buddy.

I hope to post some pics from the week. Unfortunately no pic of the roll, I felt sorry for the guy and taking pictures seemed inappropriate at the time. Now I'm kicking myself.

Oh Well

Rob

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Back from Vacation - long

Glad y'all had a good time. It's always nice to "explore a new territory" and find a great setting only because a purpose-built rig could get there. And that includes the ZJ!

Who needs a road...if there's a perfectly good JEEP trail somewhere else!?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 03:44 PM
Official Historian

About "the Grand Cherokee being to focused on off-road" bit; it sounds to me like driver error not vehicle design.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

What I meant about the "Grand Cherokee being too focused on Off-road" was: There was a post about a week ago about some article that said the GC's should be given IFS & IRS, and that people don't take them off-road.

My buddy is a prime example of someone that bought this rig to go off-road, not just to look cool on his way to work.

Definately, it was driver error, it started to go then stopped, at that point I tried run up to him, to help him out, but he moved forward again, it almost came down, then it tipped. He knows now, he probably should have waited.

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode