Anybody know much about superlift lifts? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 08:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anybody know much about superlift lifts?

I'm looking at the 3.5" superlift yj lift. I found it new for $520 including shocks and drop pittman arm. Sounds like a good deal to me, but I don't know anyone using one. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 09:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anybody know much about superlift lifts?

Cant say much other than the trail masters held up much better than the superlifts did in my case.The superlifts sagged a good inch first time out if not a little more..That was a cj though with skinnier springs..Wrangler leaves are wider so they may hold there arch a little better.

It's as close to a 1ton as it can get and still be a jeep!!! Gotta love it!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:06 AM

I got the same setup on my yj. I've had them on for over 3 years now and they have barely sagged at all. Installation was easy except for the couple of stubborn bolts. I didn't get the drop pitman arm but the steering without it is fine. They flex well if you get a disconnect for the front track bar (a 7/16" clevis pin, $2 at your hardware store) and just remove the rear track bar as well as removing the front sway bar. The springs are fairly stiff which leads to a bumpy ride on road, but they aren't so stiff as to limit your articulation. I'm running 33"s and they rub at full flex, you might want to look into getting a 1" body lift and longer brake lines too. Also a slip yoke eliminator kit on the t-case would be a good idea, but it's not necessary if you drop the t-case. I'll see if i can't get you a pic sometime soon.

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:19 AM

here's a pic for you.

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-506735-9-503688-P8030002.jpg (79.1 KB, 2 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've also been searching lifts, and the 4 inch superlift caught my attention at like 400 bucks. does this sound right? ALl the other started at 700 and went up. Is superlift complete with everything, pitman arm, and tranxfer case drop/ what not? Are the springs real stiff on the road that they can't sell for as much as the other kits? I can't find anything wrong with superlift.. especially price wise

Give me some fresh air, and give me that farm, give me some time with you in my arms, cause I'm gonna feed my soul, where the black top ends...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 01:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had the superlift softride 2 1/2" lift on my cj-7 for about 5 years. I didnt use the superlift shocks, I used RS 5000. They are a great improvement over factory ride, not too soft but predictable. I have recently gone SOA with those springs. The rear is a little soft so I put in an add-a-leaf. They flex pretty good in this configuration. The sagging was minimal when they were under the axle, I havent tested it too much yet to know how they will last. But they have been flexed completely into a reverse arch several times with only sight sagging so far. In my opinion they are a good spring for the price, but if I was to buy new today I would probably go with Big Dicks. For the money they seem to be very good quality and have a great warranty. If money is an issue, like it is for most of us, I would not be afraid of the Superlift spring.
good luck,
Jeremy

80 CJ-7 w/ most of the goodies, all custom
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 05:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've had my 31/2" Superlift about 3 years, I think it rides better than the factory set up. I went with the t/c drop kit but still had vibration(tolerable), recently went with the SYE kit but don't have it back together yet.Also when I did mine I went with brake line extensions and drop pitman arm. I have experienced some minimal sag, so with 33x12.50's my next step will be a 1" body lift. Overall I really like the Superlift

Edder

Do you smell that?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

where did you find it for $400, I found the whole ball of wax (shx and d.p.arm) at desert rat for 520 plus shipping.

Kevin

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 01:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I found it in 4wheel & offroad magazine, from Tyres International, for $435. Thats the 4 inch lift for 97- present TJ, includes shocks. Item # SL135

http://www.tyres1.com

Give me some fresh air, and give me that farm, give me some time with you in my arms, cause I'm gonna feed my soul, where the black top ends...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode