CB mount - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 11:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CB mount

Anyone have any idea where I can mount my CB in my TJ? I don't want the overhead console, and i can't see of any place on the dash. anyone else done it?

Give me some fresh air, and give me that farm, give me some time with you in my arms, cause I'm gonna feed my soul, where the black top ends...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 08:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: CB mount

I am not too sure how the TJ dashboard is set up but I know on the YJ the bottom of the dash there is a small flat piece of metal. It is about an inch wide and runs the entire length, from door to door. I mounted my CB on that strip. Get a simple mounting bracket, screw it to that piece under the dash. I reckamend self tapping metal screws. Then simply attach your CB to that bracket and you are done. Only took me about 20min. Wish you luck.

91 YJ swaped in 4.0L 2 inch lift. (work in progress)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 08:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats where mine went in my 89 YJ just to the right side of the "hump" for the xmsn floorboard. Under the dash hanging down.

Got rid of 2 Suzuki Samurai's and got serious I got an 89YJ Wrangler with 32's and hardtop, origional Rebuilt engine 120K miles. and the economy vehicle is a 2000XL Harley Davidson Sportster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 08:50 AM
Veteran

I spent the money and got a mount from Turbo City. It's a very solid mount that you mount to the windshield frame. http://www.turbocity.com

<font color=red>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.<font color=black>
Semper Jeep
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know where your talking about, my friends have their CB's mounted there also, but on the TJ lay out, it'd be in the way of the glove box. centered would be in the way of shifting, and operating controls, not sure about the windshield frame, I thought about mounting it on the passenger side of the console, but I'm not sure how the plastic would hold up, it'd bounce down the road. inside the arm rest of the console is too small from the subwoofer, so I'm stuck.. Thanks for the ideas though. Jeep on!

Give me some fresh air, and give me that farm, give me some time with you in my arms, cause I'm gonna feed my soul, where the black top ends...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

If it is not a large CB, You could mount it in you glove box. I have seen this done by a few people. It actually works out well for them. When they are using it they just run the cord out to a hanger, if there is not enought room to run the cord out you can cut a small hole. And when it is not in use it is hidden. From the rain and mud, and also from people who may walk away with it. In the same respect you could put it in the center console.

91 YJ swaped in 4.0L 2 inch lift. (work in progress)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hmm. glove box is a good idea, let me check. The glove box will be too small, and so will the center console. the passenger side of the console sounds like a mor eplausible plan. might stop by radio shack or something to see what I can find

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 11:00 AM
Official Historian

If you can get to the inside of the console where you want to mount it, just use bolts with washers. The plastic should be able to hold it that way.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast

I don't know about the TJ, but look into the K-40 CB which is really compact and very high quality. Mine cost about $135 plus $15 for their whip antenna. Should be able to find a good spot for it.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the help everyone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode