How much is wrecked Wrangler worth - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 09:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How much is wrecked Wrangler worth

I am going to sell my 89 4cyl wrangler, and was wondering what it was really worth. Engine is rebuilt and still runs fine. Hardtop is in good shape, almost perfect condition. Trans seems fine. Tub is rust free. Frame is bent in the front at the tires, and i lost the rear driveshaft. Seats are in good shape. I was going to strip it down and sell what parts i could, but I don't have the time with my new job and working on the new wrangler. So i figured I would just sell it whole, but have no idea what it is worth. I was offered 800 for it, but for that i might just sell the hardtop and engine and keep the rest for spare parts. I don't know how much to ask for it though, so was hoping to get a price range to go by. I only spent $2000 for the 88 i just got, and that one runs great, so it is hard to see getting more than $800 - 1000 for a jeep that has been wrecked. Thanks

Chris

'88 Wrangler 258 i6,Weber, Rubicon Extreme duty 2.5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 09:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: How much is wrecked Wrangler worth

You'll always get more by parting it out.... hard top would almost be 800 if in good condition

Give me some fresh air, and give me that farm, give me some time with you in my arms, cause I'm gonna feed my soul, where the black top ends...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 11:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Needshelp is right you will do much better if you part it out, why hurry just do it as you can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 11:51 AM
Way Outta Control

Remember this picture? >

This YJ was sold for $1000. How does yours compare to this one? Better... Worse?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 01:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, my wrangler is definitely in better shape than that. I guess I could use another project anyway, so stripping it down might be the way to go. I was beginning to spend too much time with my girlfriend anyway. She actually asked me to go shopping with her this weekend, that is when you know you don't have enough grease under your fingernails.

Chris

'88 Wrangler 258 i6,Weber, Rubicon Extreme duty 2.5"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 01:24 PM

Just do a rough strip down.

Instead of un-bolting crap, just grind it out, torch it out.
for example, if the engine mounts are rusted, cut them out and don't deal with it. Theyre virtually worthless 2nd hand.

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode