Rampart Range road - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Rampart Range road

Anyone 4 wheel in the Rampart Range road area? Coming up from colorado springs. Theres some really imtimidating hill climbs. We like to drive far into the woods in this buitifull valley area to practice with the pellet rifles. Its like something out of jurassic park. Riped up my tires one time creaping along the cliffside in the snow avoiding the edge That was the last time i head up with deep snow on the roads.

Still waiting for those good 31's at the yard...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 12:06 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Rampart Range road

I was up there saturday. I like to take the dogs up there and let them run, off 323. There is suppose to be some real difficult trail off the Mt. Herman road, however I havn't been able to find it. Most of the trails are moderate at best. It sure is pretty for such a short distance from town.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 04:15 PM

I used to drive all over that area when I lived there. Don't remember any really difficult trails though.

John
95.5 YJ with "stuff"
94 GMC Z71 with less "stuff"
http://SonsofThunder4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 10:06 PM
kerns

I was just up there all weekend. Rampart Range road is EXTREMELY crappy right now. Easy to drive, but so bumpy and washboarded out that it really wasn't that fun. Of course the views were spectacular.

I came in from the north on Mt. Herman. The road dorfs is talking about is called Power Line Road, and I have heard it is a nasty little cuss. I didn't try it due to time restrictions. I headed up north of Divide to Hackett Gulch and Longwater Gulch. Both trails are WAY fun and I would highly recommend them. Seriously steep, loose climbs. Be aware that there are several Platte River crossings, and a couple were up to my floorboards (2.5" lifted CJ w/33's). I actually had water come in through my rust holes!

My first trip to the area, very scenic. Hackett and Longwater were fun, but everything else around there I saw was pretty easy.

Justin

84 CJ7 258 T18 2.5" lift 33x9.5" BFG A/T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode