Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Drive carefully!! (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/81777-drive-carefully.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 08-04-2001 10:26 PM

Drive carefully!!

Tonight I was on my way home on the interstate, and there was a scarry accident that happened not 3 seconds in front of me. I was in the slow lane, a tractor trailer was in the fast lane, and another car within 100 feet in front of me; and that car had about a car and a half length from the rear end of the trailer. A young guy in a little eclipse came speeding up behind the tractor trailer, and cut in front of the car which was in front of me. In the meantime, another car was merging into traffic, and clipped the front of the Eclipse, sending him into the side of the trailer, bounced of that, and then broadsided on the passenger side by the car in front of me, sending the eclipse spinning in front of me. Luckily, I saw it happening ahead of time, and had some time to slam on the brakes, and nearly miss him cutting onto the shoulder. It all happened so quickly, and gives you such a small amount of time to react. All because some idiot was trying to get wherever he was going a minute faster. Luckily everyone had their seatbelts, airbags in the car in front of me deployed, and were no serious injuries. It just made me think of how fast your life can be taken away from you by someone else's careless mistake. Suppose I had been following the car in front of me closer; I had the top and doors off, and flipping is not something I'd like to do, and scares the daylights out of me. I guess I just want to remind everyone how fast a life can be taken, and how one mistake could lead to so much. Everyone, be careful out there, and buckle up. Pay close attention to the road, and other's driving. You never know what someone will do, so don't trust them. Especially in a Jeep, where all of us know the driving characteristics are different especially lifted Jeeps. Take care of yourselves, and drive with caution

It can't be done? HA, they MUST be crazy...

Infernozx 08-04-2001 10:35 PM

Re: Drive carefully!!

Flipping is scary [censored].

My sister flipped her Tracker with it full of people, as the soft top peeled away, you could see the asphault racing right above your head.

Really.. Really, close shave.

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?

**DONOTDELETE** 08-04-2001 10:37 PM

My thoughts exactly. I had the pleasure of doing it 3 times in a Honda Civic @120

It can't be done? HA, they MUST be crazy...

**DONOTDELETE** 08-04-2001 10:41 PM

I just got a cj-5 today and got the s#it scared out of me when making a corner. I just found out it has no sway bar!

gotta do hella work to these boys

**DONOTDELETE** 08-04-2001 10:53 PM

I had just about the same thing happen to me and my wife. We were cruising along and out of the corner of my eye I caught a semi clip the rear of this toyota causing it to shoot straight across two lanes of traffic and take out the little pickup in front of us. Talk about scary, and yes it does make you sit back and think a little