Not gonna make it :( - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Not gonna make it :(

Well,
A few setbacks & too many trips out of town for work have put us too far behind to be able to finish building my CJ for the Womens Rockcrawling championship. I have to miss it, I'm pretty bummed.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I guess the bright side is that I will have plenty of practice by the time the event rolls around next year [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].
We just plain ran out of time. But I guess the other bright side is that we will probably be able to go on some other wheelin' trip (I'm thinking the Pocono trailfest or BigDogs) in Sept. instead (I can take my CJ3B)
I really appreciate everybody's help & encouragement from the board here, I really do hope to make it next year (if there is one). And I will have a really nicely built Jeep too.
Also, I got my boss (my dad, family business) to let me trade in my company travel car, a '99 300M for a brand new 2001 Grand Cherokee V8. So we have another tow vehicle, which I absolutely LOVE! It'll see a lot of highway miles though, as my work takes me on long roadtrips often. But, it is one tempting vehicle to drive, as the Quadradrive system basically equates to having a vehicle in 4wd High with limited slips on both axles all the time. Really tempting just to veer off the road a little [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Oh well, back to the garage.
Happy Jeepin'!
-Mel
www.in2jeeps.com

http://www.in2jeeps.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 06:44 PM

Re: Not gonna make it :(

Sorry to hear that Mel.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] You'll be ready to kick some butt next year though.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

29" Thornbirds, pine air freshener, 401 to 2.5 conversion
[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 06:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Mel, I'm moving to New Castle In May.. how do you like your club..

JR
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have more lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 06:48 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sorry to hear you won't make the deadline you set, but I know all to well about project deadlines! I wanted my CJ-7 done before the middle of summer so I could enjoy a bunch of "top down" time before winter rolled around. Now I'm not sure if it will even be ready by deer season (thanksgiving!). It's all the little details that slow it down, and I didn't see that in the beginning. Oh well, back to the garage...damn it's hot out there! Good luck with your Jeep, and remember..."Right and Late" is better than "Wrong and Finished".

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo,It's Orange! Now I just have to put it all back together.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 07:26 PM

Darn it Mel, I was really looking forward to meeting, and rooting you on. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Yep, there's always next year. It was this time last year that I was barely on the road with mine. What a difference a year makes!
Smokngun is absolutely on the button when he said ... "Right and Late" is better than "Wrong and Finished" ... contrary to what some of our local "[maybe] good enough" yo-yos would want to tell you! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I am sure you prepare your rigs (I've seen your pics) just like you prepare, execute and complete one of your large commercial lighting jobs ... finished RIGHT and ready for inspection.
So, practice up for next year. I hope to see you pull into Farmingtion cocked, locked, and ready to rock!!

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Well thanks for the encouragement everybody - that is exactly correct "Right and Late" - we could have busted our a$$ the rest of the summer (& missed out on other Jeepin' opportunities), thrown it on the trailer & gone out there, but I would have had gotten to drive it MAYBE once or twice prior to the event.
John, - I was really looking forward to meeting you too. I'll be out west next year Jeepin' one way or another, even if they don't have that event (BTW - it still isn't sold out yet)
JR - Well, I love the club we are in, can't say enough good things about it, however I am biased as my husband is the president [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] We have close to 60 members, several of which live in New Castle, in fact our big "Jeepfest" at the end of this month is in New Castle & the New Castle Jeep dealership is donating $500 towards us printing T-shirts for the event. I live about 30 minutes from there. Our website is http://www.hrja.org

-Mel

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 08:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

hmmmm...dixie run in oct????????...tellico.....

~~Elusive~~
http://www.jeepgod.net
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Hmmmm.... Jeepgod, sounds interesting, whats the deals?

-Mel

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 09:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

yep.. sounds like you are just begging to hit the dixie run.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

oct. 5th to 7th.. is the official dates.. Elusive and i will be out there around the 3rd.. and staying till somewhere's around the 9th... also.. blairsville, GA is about an hour away.. we are planning on hitting that one of those days out there...

cant wait till next year.. im sure you'll kick some butt.. but first..
you gotta train... so get on out to the dixie run.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

http://www.jeepgod.net

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 10:29 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Mel, that is a bummer but just think of all the cool mods you will have time to do now. Building a jeep is never really done, we all know that. Good luck for next year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode