snorkle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 11:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

snorkle

have a simple yet very effective design for a snorkle. took me a year of research a development to build it right. looks good have had all of the 4x4 shops in colorado springs ask me where i bought it. dosnt look home built. if anyone if intersted email me at [email protected] for details and pictures. not sure how to put pictures on profile.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 01:18 PM

Re: snorkle

Upload the pictures to a webpage account, or to one of those online photo albums, then just link to it.

I WANA SEE!

It must be snorkel season, everyones getting one.
Must be that, I just got the whole damn thing back together for the summer, and it's working, now what can I do to mess it all up again, mentality.

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds Great[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
What vehicle is it on? I went to your profile but there was no info on your ride. Uploads some pics so we can chek it out.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

William
1980 CJ7 258 Holley EFI / Mallory Unilite/ Dana 44F ARB / AMC20 1-piece Detroit / T-98A tranny / D300 / Ramsey RE10,000lb / ARB Snorkel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 10:13 PM

why would anybody what a snokle with all the computers on today vehicles, that is the quickest way to fry a electrical system. No matter how tight you seal a motor it will still fry. If you want to play in water get a boat.

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm with him, mainly cause mine's so new. If I had a shotty strictly off road vehicle, I'd do it, but not everyday driver

It can't be done? HA, they MUST be crazy...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 10:31 PM

My Jeep has virtually no electrical systems, they have been pretty much ripped out, the only thing that might explode/blowup/short is all my dash crap, but its been replaced so much, it's hardly a challenge anymore.

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 12:15 AM

-snip-why would anybody what a snokle with all the computers on today vehicles, that is the quickest way to fry a electrical system.-snip-

pulled a nisson out of a big water hole not to long ago, the computer was under the passinger seat, the water was over the hood, hows that for a well designed 4x4.

Wayne @ Big Island RockCrawlers
"PYRO" The Rock Crawler
Web Site: http://www.members.tripod.com/surfmac/Index.html
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 11:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Brownbagg,
The real reason for a snorkel is not to "Play, in the water like a boat"
I am including some reasons below for you:
1. A snorkel is like an additional insurance policy. It can help prevent an engine from becoming hydro locked (you know what that is right?) Every real jeeper on this BBS has probably forded some type of stream or waterhole that crossed their favorite trail. Compare the cost of a new engine to that of replacing a computer.
2. By moving the air intake to a point outside the engine compartment, you allow fresh, cool air into your engine which makes it run smoother, cooler and can even add a slight HP increase (it did for mine).
3. I have traveled around the world and there are many countries where just about every vehicle has a snorkel for the reasons above. The snorkel I have on my CJ is made in Australia and I know those guys go 4-wheeling over there.
I have included a useful link for you since you are so interested in boating.http://www.boatersworld.com
If Qjeep wants a snorkel, it is his business.

William
1980 CJ7 258 Holley EFI / Mallory Unilite/ Dana 44F ARB / AMC20 1-piece Detroit / T-98A tranny / D300 / Ramsey RE10,000lb / ARB Snorkel
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:07 PM

you have never met the redneck in my neighborhood, weekly they take new models tj through creeks and river. I can count on over ten computer fry in the last year, I can understand prevental maintance but the other to cross a creek on purpose. I have learned after a thousand dollar transmission rebuild to stay out of the water. I still stand by my opinion that a computer controlled motor cost to much to tear up ten minutes in the water. It is not the question if it will tear up but when it will tear up, they all do. you cannot waterproof a motor tight enough to cross creek. So burn me if you want.

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:20 PM

"A Jeep's not a submarine."

Some people said going faster then 60MPH was impossible.
Some people said that powered flight was impossible.
Some people said that going faster then the speed of sound was impossible.

So if we can make big fancy relay dishes orbit the earth, and if we can make a man walk on the moon, and if we can drive a car at more then the speed of sound, then I can sure ass hell make my Jeep go in one side of the river, and come out the other.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode