visa card + jeep = big debt - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 09:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

visa card + jeep = big debt

Does anyone else have this problem? I went in to the local 4WD shop to buy Softride 2.5 springs and an AGR steering box and left with spending twice as much as I had planned. Dang! I hate it when that happens! I got the AGR pump and steering shaft as well. At least I stopped myself before I got ARB lockers and gears etc...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: visa card + jeep = big debt

Welcome to my world! Later, Casey

Click to visit the Extreme Trails website!
http://clix.to/extremetrails
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 10:23 PM
cjmorgan

Been There...Done That...Still paying on it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 11:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've been there before, saw what was happening, Now I start the process all over again, and I'm diving in.. My jeep just makes me smile. If only Daimler Chrysler would include a jeepchick with every purchase, my world would be beautiful

It can't be done? HA, they MUST be crazy...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 12:37 AM

Re: visa card jeep = big debt

Ohhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh NO No No No! DO NOT DO THIS. Do Not put you mods on a credit card! If you can't pay cash you should not be doing that mod at the moment.

Inspite of what most people think, most bad rigs are not built in a 6 month time frame. Or six weeks depending on your credit card limit [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It is done over many years. To do it right you need patience and cash not credit.

I could go out and completely buy/build an arca ready machine with cash right now. Will I, NO! Why? because the money is to hard to come by. If I keep the money and invest it, I can afford the mod 6 months down the road (or less) and not give the credit card company my hard earned cash. My investments will pay it for me for free. Thats why I drive a CJ not a TJ. Little cash out of pocket.

Use your cash for the long term. Not the instant gratification most people do. Before you spend anymore credit card money read this book. "Rich Dad, Poor Dad : What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor & Middle Class Do Not" http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...860001-4379202

Here is my offer. If you buy this book and read it(it will take you all of 2 days to finish it), email me your reciept, I will personally reimburse the first five I recieve. No lie! The $50.00 it will cost me is trivial. The financial education you will recieve is priceless.

BigHG
84 CJ7
BRC Lifetime Member
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 12:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Poster: NeedsHelp
Subject: Re: visa card + jeep = big debt

I've been there before, saw what was happening, Now I start the process all over again, and I'm diving in.. My jeep just makes me smile. If only Daimler Chrysler would include a jeepchick with every purchase, my world would be beautiful

It can't be done? HA, they MUST be crazy...

Your not getting my hardtop Needs!!! You suck up you!!! *winks*

<font color=purple>Proppy</font color=purple>
And who says women dont know how to drive? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 12:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

BTW I pay cash for everything I buy for my jeep...Just forked out $1300 two days ago BUT its paid for....*grins*

<font color=purple>Proppy</font color=purple>
And who says women dont know how to drive? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 02:08 AM

That's why I'm building the CJ. Putting the "payments" into building it ends up costings a lot less than buying a new car and giving the bank all that money. More fun too [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rick -- 80s CJ7, under construction since June
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 02:47 AM
Enthusiast

Ya'll think I'm crazy racking up $8k on visa in three months. My budget 5.0HO swap ended up being a totally new, from the main studs to the Edelbrock heads, to the new injectors and mass air computer kit. I decided it would be better to build the motor and the conversion all at once instead of over a year or two. (The extra time makes for lost parts, forgetting where stuff goes etc.). Not all that money was for the engine, I also am going with AGR steering, dual electric cooling fans etc. I only went into debt knowing full well that I can pay it all off on my next 6 month deployment (I'm in the Navy). I would never go into debt without a surefire way to pay it off. To me it's worth the $800 interest in the long run to have everything built and done "now". You pay a price for no patience.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 05:40 AM
Can't Get Enough

Thank God I canceled mine before I bought the Jeep. I have always had to pay cash for everything. That's probably why it's still mostly stock.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
All the money has gone into repairs and replacement parts. It's time for the mods when I get my bonus check in Sept.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Bryan[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

http://www.geocities.com/yjlaredo240/index.htm<font color=green>Dana 30 Vaccuum disconnect courtesy of xjy173</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode