Why's it so dead? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Why\'s it so dead?

I'm just curious, but the board has been quite dead lately. A month back or so, I'd post something, and five minutes later I'd have to goto the next page to find it. Today, I posted something and it's only been moved down about five slots. Just curious[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Now search friendly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 07:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Why\'s it so dead?

Well, I guess after almost 145,000 posts we've talked about everything there is to talk about! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
VP RockGarden 4 Wheelers, Aztec, NM
RockGarden 4 Wheelers
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 08:26 PM

Tis the season. It's wheelin and workin time. I know I've been glad to be in the garage and in the jeep doing instead of just talking about it. When it's cold it's time to build and talk.........when it's warm it's time to Do it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

29" Thornbirds, pine air freshener, 401 to 2.5 conversion
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 08:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We probably have talked about everything. BUT, whenever someone asks a question that has been discussed, everyone tells them to "do a search". I don't think this is very cool. I understand why people say this. You can't blow people off and expect the board to stay alive. Besides, often a thread starts out on one subject and ends up talking about something totally different, which is cool. New ideas could come to you any minute, even about a subject that you feel like you have talked about to death. Anyway, just a thought. Besides I'm still recovering and the board is my main entertainment right now, so, STEP IT UP! Later, Casey

Click to visit the <font color=red>LIBERTY FREE</font color=red> Extreme Trails website!
http://clix.to/extremetrails
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 08:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Casey, I think you are correct about the use of the "do a search" comment. I decided to see if I could use a copy / paste feature to recycle older posts. It worked as long as I highlighted the text then used the "Right Click" to copy then paste. Here's a sample.

"We probably have talked about everything. BUT, whenever someone asks a question that has been discussed, everyone tells them to "do a search". I don't think this is very cool. I understand why people say this. You can't blow people off and expect the board to stay alive. Besides, often a thread starts out on one subject and ends up talking about something totally different, which is cool. New ideas could come to you any minute, even about a subject that you feel like you have talked about to death. Anyway, just a thought. Besides I'm still recovering and the board is my main entertainment right now, so, STEP IT UP! Later, Casey"

It worked, so maybe it would be cool if, instead of "do a search" the "copy / paste" feature could be learned so the information could be recycled.
dave

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 11:13 PM
jeepfiend

What are you talking about, this place is a madhouse. If you want dead, go to the Unimog board.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 11:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Tis the season. It's wheelin and workin time. I know I've been glad to be in the garage and in the jeep doing instead of just talking about it. When it's cold it's time to build and talk.........when it's warm it's time to Do it

<hr></blockquote>

It's just the opposite here in Aridzona. It is so incredibly hot out. Even right now at 9:30pm it's unbearable. August is the worst month... humidity 70% or higher with 110 temps.

It's ok though... we wheel hard 10 months out of the year and can get a nice little tan even in February.

Have a good weekend everyone!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 11:56 PM

It is very tough this time of year here in Phoenix. About the only time you can wheel is late at night. I am trying to get my mods finished, but that is tough with the heat. My garage thermometer stays above 95 almost 24 hrs a day even if I leave the recently driven vehicles outside . I go through about 3 gallons of water for a full days wrenching, IN THE GARAGE. Usually don't pee until after 6:00pm either[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Lots of sweat! Hmmm, and I wonder why the wife doesn't want me afterwards. LOL

BigHG
84 CJ7
BRC Lifetime Member
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 03:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i agree this is a great board
has a well rounded member base
lots of humor and intelect
find myself checking the damn thing
2 or 3 times daily!

[email protected],

schaan

1980 CJ7 82.9% completed
1969 Early Bronco 40% completed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode