Dana 44 Spool/Mini Spool - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 08:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dana 44 Spool/Mini Spool

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get spools or mini spools for a dana 44, I am considering running them front and rear in my YJ when I swap the wasggy axles and I havent been able to find anyone who sells them. If you know where I can find them please let me know. I need to get thif stuff on order.
Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 09:32 AM
Nickmil

Re: Dana 44 Spool/Mini Spool

Randy's Ring and Pinion sells spools for a 44. I don't have their # handy but look in any of the 4 wheel drive rags for their ad. Nickmil.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 10:09 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Also try Superior Gear.

I have a mini for a D44 but plan on using it. If you haven't seen one before, they look kinda strange compared to other mini's out there, they have 4 pieces to them. I loaned my mini to Charly until the Scrambler is back on the road, I'm going to replace the rear Lockright. Last I heard they went for about $140 for a mini, so it'll save you about $100 over the price of a Lockright.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 11:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

One of these days, I should put that mini in.

Mark...what weekend did you say was best in October? And I hope your vacation was fun.

Charly

You say tomato, I say fawk you.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 11:05 AM
I Do This For The Glory

The 13th and 14th or October. Bring it over or I'll go over there and we can slap it in, should only take a few hours.

Rest of the vacation was OK, spent some time at camp and then cleaning the house in Waldoboro, the EMWF was definitely the best time of the vacation. I have about 17 Mb of pictures ready, or about 180 of them, I'll send them out this week. Still trying to get caught up on missing work and getting things in order.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 11:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tanks guys, I appreciate it, anybody know what an open carrier for a 44 costs, I will need to get new ones since the axles that I got have 3.31s in them and there is a carrier break in a dana 44, anybody have a set of low gear carries for a dana 44 that they want to get rid of?? Let me know.

Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 12:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

To add to the spool/mini spool conversation. Are there and spools available for a 19 spline Dana 44?? I have the older offset jeep axle with the 19 spline axles. I would like to keep the axles and get the spool.

Thanks
Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 12:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a question, (excuse my ignorance on diffs) but does a mini spool replace the spider gears, so there would be no need to change gear setup? As opposed to a full spool which the ring gear attaches to? Thanks,

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 01:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats correct. I need new carriers for what I am doing so I am trying to find out what is most cost effective, a mini spool and a new carrier or a full spool, so far havent found alot of options for either a mini spool or a full spool for the dana44.

Kris

post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 02:27 PM
Leigh_Smith

The carrier break is at 3.73 and up.

81 CJ7 304/904/D300 scout 44's locked, full cage, 33"wildcats, warn HS9500i, bush bar from hell and diamondplate sides to cover gaping rust holes!! Coming soon OBA!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode