Gonna see the Atlantic!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Gonna see the Atlantic!!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Well, after fifty-some years I finally get a peek at the Atlantic Seaboard....New Haven CT. Monday is graduation at Yale....leaving the jest coast on Sat for the historic Northeast and our next-to-last college graduation....one more to go in May '01. Then it's all about US! SHEESH! $$$$$$ It's been a long haul[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 09:41 PM

Re: Gonna see the Atlantic!!

congrats Dave!

whats the secret to making them finish? I cant make myself go back and finish, how will I convince my kiddos?

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of sanded and primered pieces
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] One of the kids worked at TACO BELL just long enough to find out how little a minumum wage job will pay for. She had an apt with another girl, and they couldn't even go to the movies they were so broke. The one graduating Monday has a BS, MS, PhD and now a Law Degree from Yale. She has always been a self-starter, even as a tot.....will be teaching at Harvard this Fall. One son goofed off and played ski bum till he finally decided to go to Fiber Opitcs school and has since fallen into an industry just crying for good people...the other son is an electrician and is specializing in putting central vacs in new yuppie mansions in cyber-rich Seattle area. So we are two for four as far as college goes, although technical school does count a little. Starvation is a great motivator, and so is driving junk.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 10:10 PM

sounds like a reasonable plan to me, good job Dave!

broke, hungry, and driving junk, damnit why havent I finished yet!!?!...

get them something nice for graduation, a good education is hard to beat!

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of sanded and primered pieces
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 10:47 PM

Dave , I hope you enjoy looking at the Atlantic (it's way too cold to go swimming this time of year). I finaly got to see what the Pacific looked liked in 1988 while visiting with my cousin in Seattle. I've also been fortunate to see the Gulf of Mexico (at Panama City Beach, Fla.) and one of the Great Lakes (Ontario at Toronto) in the last 5 years.

Congrats on your kid's graduation. Best Wishes for the future.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 11:00 PM
Can't Get Enough

Hey Dave,
If you plan on taking a little trip south along the East coast, check out Atlantic City or Ocean City, MD. If you ever make it that way, I'll be glad to get the tab, or at least try to[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Some OT would be in order for that tab.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].
Glad to here about the college!! I didn't have the support from my folks. They didn't want me to go to USC for electrical engineering, so I got stuck here at good ole TSU. I guess they were worried about the "riots" in LA since I graduated that same year. I would have just brought the Sig 226 with me.
Oh, well. TSU was rated in the top something in Playboy for schools with the hottest female population. Were they ever right!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Have fun while you're over here. CT is nice!!
Bryan[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks, B....My two sons will be meeting up with me on Sunday and we intend to terrorize the entire eastern seabord[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2000, 07:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]Happy for you and yours have a ball . [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2000, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanx GT.....we is gettin' excited about seeing the kids all together for the first time in quite a while[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 11:56 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Sounds like a great time. The Northeast (not counting PA, NJ, & DE) is one spot (along with WA, AK, & Hawaii) I've never been in the states, but would love to see some day.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode