colorado-imogene pass IS open!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 10:59 PM
sas87yj

colorado-imogene pass IS open!!!!!!

well i took the jeep to colorado for 4 days and did some runs up imogene, engineer and cinnamon passes. all around teluride, ouray and silverton. beautiful country-none like it in the 50 states. wish i could live there and handle the snow! just a few cheepie digital pics. i took several with the 35mm-not developed yet. i didn't have time but will be going back soon to go up black bear and ophir passes. imogene was over 13000 feet.

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd,NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 01:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: colorado-imogene pass IS open!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, where did you take these pictures, I mean what location in relation to Denver. Went just west of Buena Vista for the last few days, and noticed there wasn't as much snow as usual. Just wanted to know where these passes are.

J just
E mpty
E very
P ocket!!

'85 or is it a '98?? Cj-7 33x12x15" BFG 2.5" Rancho 258 T-176 Almost EVERYthing Rebuilt or Replaced
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 08:05 AM
sas87yj

jon
yeah i understand the snowfall last winter wasn't up to norm and i could see that from this visit. i have been to colorado many times mostly in summer and remember more snow than what i saw this time. imogene pass is between ouray and teluride. that is where these pics are taken. plenty of tundra and flowers-even the columbine.

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd,NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 09:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We didnt have too bad of a snow year, better than last year and the year before. Most of the problem this year has been the really high temps. Most of our warm weather comes at the end of July and first part of August, but this year it hit the first week of June and has been here ever since.
Glad you had a good time on our wonderful roads.

cjcrawler
"The Beast"
74CJ,304,D20w/Tera Low 3.15:1, dana30&44wlockrights,fullcage,woods'shafts, 33" BFG MT's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 12:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

cjcrawler is right about the high temps. This last winter was one of the better ones for snowpack, but the early high temperatures have just melted it all very quickly. I spent many a weekend last winter in the San Juans and around Buena Vista snowmobiling and it was some of the best snow that I have ridden in the last five or six years.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode