Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   can u please measure a piece on your frame for me (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/77634-can-u-please-measure-piece-your-frame-me.html)

timCsjeep 07-06-2001 06:17 PM

can u please measure a piece on your frame for me

I need a few measurements from someone please. The body mounts on my frame are rusted through and i dont know how long to make the new ones. The 2 mounts that i need measured are the second and third, starting in the front as number one. ( The one before the rear wheel and the one right under the seat )I just need to know how long to make them. Thanks a million- Tim

Its really a shame that AMC thought floors should be optional[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

timCsjeep 07-06-2001 06:19 PM

Re: can u please measure a piece on your frame for me

BTW i also need to know where to center the holes in them and what diameter i should make the holes. Thanks agian

Its really a shame that AMC thought floors should be optional[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

cj7jeep 07-06-2001 06:49 PM

On my CJ7 frame both body mounts are 4.25" long, the center of the mounting hole is 3" from the outside edge of the frame, and the hole is 1.25". Not sure of the year of my frame. From what i have seen there are certain holes that are different sizes on cj7 model years. 76 and 81 cj7's have different size holes, not sure what year the change starts. Found this out while trying to get boudy mounts for my CJ7. Good luck, hope this helps.

timCsjeep 07-06-2001 06:58 PM

Its a 78 CJ5. It kind of looks like the # 3 body mount was longer than the # 2. I cant tell though because rust has eaten away both # 3s and most of the # 2s.

**DONOTDELETE** 07-06-2001 07:21 PM

speaking of which
ive heard of a product that changes rust?
anyone know of this?
sprayon?

[email protected],

schaan

1980 CJ7 75% completed
1969 Early Bronco 40% completed

ExtinctJeep 07-06-2001 08:02 PM

My '79 CJ5 measures 4" from the frame for BOTH mounts and the bolt holes are 3" from the frame on BOTH.

I used the two mounts just prior to the rear tire.

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?

timCsjeep 07-06-2001 09:52 PM

extinct- Thanks a million[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

spidey- If there is such a product let me know, Im gonna invest. They will make billions!