Off Roading Forums banner

Idiot Destroyed My Truck

705 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
For anyone thinking about moving to So-Cal, do yourself a favor and don't. On Tuesday while I was busy at work, some a--hole in an 84 Ford Thunderbird decides to destroy my 97 Dodge Dakota that was parked on the street. (Thank god I didn't drive my CJ-7 that day, or I'd be writing this from jail on murder charges!!!). He blew a tire, lost control and took out my truck, and 3 other vehicles parked on the side of the street. He had to have been doing around 60 mph or more on a 35 mph street. As you can see from the attached picture, the rear damage is pretty bad, and the front ended up buried about a foot deep in a Geo's trunk. Still dealing with the insurance so I don't know how that's all going to work out.

"No speak-a eenglash" is about all the idiot could mutter, so of course he's got no insurance and the car's not registered. He bought it about a month ago for about $400. The Sheriff comes to the scene writes the guy a couple of tickets and sends him on his merry way. What's up with that??? No jail, no cuffs, not even a good old fashioned beating???? The guy didn't have insurance or registration, so what makes me think he'll pay some tickets??? So he walks off down the street without a care in the world and probably just steals another car to drive, and me and 3 other suckers are left to watch the tow-trucks haul away our hard earned vehicles. Even though my insurance will cover it, I know I'll still be out of pocket for a bunch of money, not to mention all the hassle of dealing with the insurance company, buying a new truck, or going a couple of months while mine is repaired, and that jack-ss just walks away.

As if I wasn't conservative enough, this experience has made me down right millitaristic. We need to close the flood of illegals pooring through our southern border, and stop giving them special rights and priviledges. If I went to Mexico and rammed a bunch of parked cars do you think they'd let me wander off down the street with a worthless ticket, so that I could go back to my government subsidized housing, eat my government cheese, take some drugs that came from my free medical care, and then go buy groceries with my government provided food stamps? Heck No! So why is the U.S. doing it? Cause we're a bunch of suckers! This melting pot has turned RANCID!

Attachments

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Hmmm... sounds like the right wing is entering your left ear... /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

I saw the carnage... the pix don't do it justice... all I wanted to know was why didn't he total my Montero, so I could get another vehicle! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Pray for totaling... I've never seen a frame that bent... at least not on a parked vehicle! /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

http://www.obsessiveoffroad.com
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...

G
#6 ·
Sorry for you AND REALY FEEL YOUR PAIN.
Our van got ran into by a stockcar pushed by a pickup.
Pushed in one back coner of the van .This guy did not even get a ticket.
Van never been the same. Yes CJDave it was a drug scum thing.
Use to see this guy running up and down the street after that
all the Time but the police did nothing. Oh ya I forgot to
say no insurance . House, car, anything.

#7 ·
Sorry about your truck. I read somewhere that California actually provides health insurance coverage for illegals. Is this true? If it is, your politicians should share the stuff they're smoking. No wonder they can't get across the border fast enough. I'll stay in the Midwest, thank you.

Ken

#8 ·
Sorry to hear about your truck. Have you talked to any of the owners of the other vehicles involved? If so, what are they doing about it? Find out if the guy is an illegal. If he's not, sue the sh|t out of him!!!
Glad to see you are still around to post this, I'd be waiting to post bail if that happened to me./wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif
Good luck
Bryan/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

#9 ·
Been through that PITA twice; once with the Cherokee and once with our Windstar minivan. I didn't have much recourse either. All I can say is Good Luck; I hope everything turns out for the best./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

It is an outrage that we who carry insurance get the shaft from the system which mandates that we carry it./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

G
#10 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif
sorry about that H8.
you won't get a dime out of that yo-yo!
he's history like you said.
your comprehensive will cover if you could afford it.
now your rates will go up.
yea, we americans are losing ground here. it's like a cancer-spreading everywhere./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif
i only hope i'm dead before we crumble./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif
good luck man
steve

G
#11 ·
HB,
I'm sorry to hear what happened....and like you said, good thing it wasn't the jeep. However, I feel your attitude towards the driver...or more specifically, his place of origin is unjustified. It could very easily have been some white guy who was drunk....or some ordinary person who blew a tire and lost control.

If this had been in the south, it would most likely have been Billy Bob...right after he said, 'hey y'all, watch this'.....look on the bright side...you have insurance....it will be fixed........FYI....the reason the guy did not go to jail was because there was no arrestable offense.....and if it will make you feel any better....Driving in CA without a license or with a suspended one will cause you to loose your car for 30 days....and on the second offense, the state keeps it....and on Friday nite alone....I took 4 cars for 30 days....thats 4 less people that can run into you.....so have faith....I'll keep taking their cars until they decide to play by the rules......

John......southern CA
84CJ7, 3"lift, 32"BFG, 4.10's, ARB Locker, Solid Axle's, Durabak

G
#13 ·
Welp... here in America we are supposed to welcome others with open arms. But to what point? It just seems like the flood of illegal (and to an extent, legal) immigrants is really changing our lives. You get people that only want to come here for our riches. They don't give a crap about our rules, our society, our language, our government, or our beliefs. They want the pie in the sky.. sadly, most know that they can wreck that car and nothing serious is going to happen.

I see it all the time here in Tampa. It's apathy. They just don't care. Recently it's been folks from South America. Sometimes I wonder if they remember what country they are in, they almost seem to drive on the wrong side of the road!.. Like hey.. that left turn arrow in your lane means you are turning LEFT, not RIGHT, and just because you're blinker says you are making a right turn doesn't mean you can cut across 4 lanes of traffic through an intersection and come out on top!

I saw 2 little old spanish people cross four lanes of traffic all stopped at a red light. They were in the right turn lane with a left blinker on. They got CREAMED! I was right there and I jumped out of the Jeep and ran over there to see if they were still alive. The old man jumps out, bleeding, yelling at the other drive who was coming through his green light.. the old guy says "Hey, a**hole, didn't you see my blinker? How could you hit me? You don't know how to drive that car, you shouldn't have a license." Sheesh.. the old guy was lucky to be alive. His engine and front axle went about half way into the engine compartment, it's hard to believe he didn't have a crankshaft through his chest. I don't know what country he thought he was in, but it wasn't this one!

Best of luck on recovering your truck, money and frustrations. Sorry to hear your dilemna. Just remember this can and does happen to thousands of people, you aren't the first or the last.

Carl, Tampa, FL, 74 CJ-5
If a Jeep can't take you there, Think twice about going..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.