Off Roading Forums banner

Weber running to lean

578 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JMZ 
#1 ·
From what I have read, my Weber 32/36 is running to lean. My biggest problem happens when I open both barrels at once,it bogs and backfires. Is this a lean conditon? It did not do this with the Carter. I read a post where the said excessive fuel pressure could do this, that seams like a rich condition. I pinched off the fuel line and it did the same thing. My Weber was on a 4cyl ford. If in fact it is running to lean , can I ream the jets out a little? a friend of reamed the jets on his sisters Harley and it worked great. The way I look at it is, I have nothing to lose since I will be throwing them away if I buy bigger jets. I have a 258 with hei and a header, it had a lot of power with Carter, it just idled like crap.

#2 ·
If you have the Weber 32/36 DGEV, jets are only @ 5 or 6 bucks. You should only need to replace the main idle jet. The best way to tell is to set the idle adjustment screw using these instructions: http://www.racetep.com/weberadj.html If you need a new jet, call Fast Freddies in Santa Barbara Calif. Sorry, I don't have the phone number. I found them to be the most helpfull business when it came to getting parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.