Off Roading Forums banner

Hay H8Monday help

358 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  H8monday 
G
#1 ·
The wife and i have been interested in going up to bronco canyon some fri night after reading al of your posts but i cant find it listed on my map do you go in from verdi or from off skyline dr. ? any info is great hope to see your yj there
an82cj7

#2 ·
Bronco Canyon, isnt really a good casual night run, its a very nasty trail, even in the daylight, my last trip through there was the 4 WD equivalant of a train wreck.
A good place to go to test out equiptment or just take a nice evening trail ride is the trail to Hunter Lake. It has some very steep hills and some deep ravines, but there are mild dirt trails throughout, so you can pick your obstacles at your own discresion, It is also very well traveled so someone is usualy around in case of emergency, you can also get the truckers on I 80 on the CB if your not in a valley(with a kicker I pick em up from almost anywhere on the trail). To get there just take I 80 to McCarron West and go South, turn right at Coughlin Parkway then left just after the Scollari's Parling lot, follow that road around to the right then make a left where the new houses are being built about 200 yrds down on your right youll find a sign that says Hunter Lake Access. If you follow the roads generally to the right youll end up at Moss Lake and then on to a place they call "The Pits", there are some steep climbs out of the pits one of them very steep. Kathy and I go out there almost every Friday night, if we are in town.
We just finished packing for an overnoght trip leaving tomorrow morning for Fordyce Lake, and down to the Sierra Trek trail if the snow will allow us. This is the first overnighter of the season and Im really looking forward to it, even if its only one night. Hopefully that snow we got Wednesday wont have closed off our access to the trail along the creek bed.
E mail me next week if you want to get together for a Friday night trail ride.
I was planning to stay in town next week to go on a Sunday Run with a bunch of rigs from 4 wheel Parts Wholesalers and Donnies Off Road, I think Summit Racing is putting it together, Im not even sure where they plan to go, but I plan to be there.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
If at first you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.