Jeep won it's first trophy! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Jeep won it\'s first trophy!

ok.. here is the scoop.. last saturday i was driving to the hobby shop on base, putting some scout axles under a cj-5.. and they are having the 1st annual MCAS New River Car & Truck show.. so i say to my buddy.. lets go check it out.. the vehicles were just arriving..
as i drive up.. this guy flags me down.. and asks for my registration.. i say.. im not entered.. well.. then he talks me into entering.. $10.. i get a T-shirt.. cool..
so here's the jeep.. parked out with all these show cars.. and show trucks.. with armoralled swampers... and custom paint jobs.. chrome engines.. what not.. and my beast..
it sits out there with a spare driveshaft in the back.. old burger king cup.. pair of dirty coveralls on the floor board.. jumper cables, tire iron.. all just heeped in the back.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]..
i explain to the people that i wont be around.. they say no problem..
well around 1pm we come back.. covered from head to toe in grease & sweat.. we of course vote for my jeep.. for best of show.. peoples choice.. as we are turning in the ballets.. i notice two guys checkin out the beast.. so im jokin around and say... well atleast i got 2 votes.. and 2 people to look at it.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].. they people working their start jokin around with me.. and as i am leaving.. i say.. "so when do i come pick up my trophy's?"...
well the show ends at 3pm.. i get back there at almost 4pm.. my jeep is the only thing out there.. except for the folks cleaning up.. and they are almost gone.. i stick my head out and say.. "well?"
they all yell.. "you won!"..
"ya, right"
well.. sure enough.. i get to the jeep.. and there sits a first place trophy for the truck class.. about 3 feet high.. glittering in the drivers seat.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]..
im dyin here!!!

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Jeep won it\'s first trophy!

here's a pic of the trophy winner.. and my new mutt... his name is "cj"... what else would i call my dog?

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 07:56 AM
Can't Get Enough

Well there you go, just goes to show you there are still some people with some taste left in the world [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

82 Scrambler/360/T5/D300/4" SUA/AMC20/Rear Discs/Somers Bros Axles/D30/3:73's/Lockrite Lockers.
2001 Bare Stock Trendy Jeep Sport (everyday driver)
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 08:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Congrats [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

A.B.

I think, therefore I am ...... a Jeeper
http://www.ShortWheelbase.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 09:16 AM

That is GREAT!
Somehow everything just seems a little more "As they should be, in the world today", after hearing that story.
Good looking mut too.
Kathy's brother, also has a Golden named CJ, but he answers to "Wrangler" (and a well placed food bribe), whenever I'm visiting.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 10:29 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>That's great. It's good to see you were willing to take part in the show. Too many guys who actually wheel kind of turn their noses up at the show trucks & the shows in general, when the kids would really find their Jeeps [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] even if the only trophies you've previously collected have been "trail trophies". I'm planning to do a truck show in combination with one of my upcoming mud races, but unlike the last time we did this, we're gonna have some sort of "best trail built" category to try to boost participation. It's a shame that the guys with really nice stuff don't bring it out just 'cause they don't have a clean undercarriage or custom paint. A "show" is for showin' off, and that doesn't just apply to paint & chrome!</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

CONGRATS!!!

78 CJ7 rebuilt 304/th400,quadratrac,YJ tub,2 1/2 susp.lift 32x11.50 bfg ( all in the making )
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 11:21 AM
Can't Get Enough

Pat, congrats...I was kinda of hopin' that your post was about a trophy from a mud race or something and not some wimpy car show...
I'll bet there is a tube of toothpaste somewhere in that jeep too.
I enter my POS in a show once a year for insurance reasons (its a classic ya' know)and the f**kheads in the club only vote for themselvs.
Maybe you can bring that trophy to Monteagle for Labor day. Then you can give it to the local Barney Fife for his dilligent effort in apprehending the drunken jeep driver??????
good going on the award.
Ricky...seeya...

CJ-7,401,T-18,Scout D 300,Pro-Jection,Dana 60's,Detroits,38" Hawgs, 4" BDS SOA,
http://hometown.aol.com/ericselz/myh...e/profile.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 02:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shows can be alot of fun, every year I wash my Wrangler and take it to the Carlisle All Truck Nationals, the are all kinds of trucks there and most are purely show vehicles, but I enter in the fun field and enjoy the weekend, funny thing this year there was a very very clean 90's Wrangler parked nexted to by obviously beaten YJ, I had more people looking at mine, which I had all twisted up on tires and ever paid attention to the other one, I directed alot of people to this site when they started asking about the Nutter BYpass and the Team Rush Upgrade, shows can be fun too, and hey maybe you will even win.

Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 06:01 PM

congrats
i've gone to the jeep show here the last 2 years and when i walk around deciding which ones to vote for i always am checking out the drivetrains, not paint. i don't care if your dana 30 is chrome plated, the CJ with a NP205 and "just been wheeling look" gets my vote. (never do the ones i vote for win), but maybe in years to come other people like us will see that a quality looking bead (welder style) is art work just as beautiful as a nice paint job with flames. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>3/4tonYJ</font color=red>

http://www.geocities.com/yj3qtr_ton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode