Off Roading Forums banner

Place to get Presure switch besides Grainger?

567 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Dana 
#1 ·
I have looked all the Daytona Beach area for someone that carries an air presure switch!!! NOONE I MEAN NOONE carries
this thing. We have a Grainger locally but they won't sell one to me because I don't have an account and I ca'nt have an accout
because I do'nt have a business. I tried their website and I could fib a little and order one, but what if get in some trouble and get
caught fibbing a little?!!? Any other ideas?
thanks guys!!!

Alec

#2 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Why......I'm shocked/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif that a big city like DB doesn't have a slew of air compressor companies. Don't go looking for the switch....look for air compressor companies. You probably are thinking that well....those big hunkers won't have that little switch on them because they are 5, 10,20, 25 HP units, but the reality is that the little switch just energizes the little coil in the big magnetic starter, and the starter then slaps the juice to the motor, so despite the fact that the Co. may be an industrial dlr, they'll have what you need/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

G
#3 ·
Okay, plug for the company I work for.
I work for the company that makes 80% of the air pressure switches out on the market, Siemens (formerly Furnas Electric). You will see our switches all over the place on every air compressor
If there is a demand out there for non-businesses to buy switches I will look into seeing what I can do for everyone. Let me know.

#4 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Furnas is good/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

#7 ·
I buy from grainger daily and do not have an account. What you do is remember the name of a big company that would have an account there, remember they phone number too. Then walk in with cash and act like you are a technician that need only one part and do not have time to get a P.O. number. B\S with them. Best time is friday about 4 pm when everybody trying to get home. After couple times they will remember your face and you home free.

brownbagg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.