shopping expieriences.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

shopping expieriences..

Ok, there are 3 places I currently buy parts for my Jeep, they are 4 Wheel Parts, 4 Wheel Hardware and Quadratec.
Here are some general things I have notice:
4 Wheel parts is a little bit pricey on some items, but since I live next to the main warehouse, availability is on thier side.
4 Wheel Hardware is a good priced, and they are pretty good with availability of thier products, which I like a lot. Thier shipping is great AND fast(usually a week), and they have never screwed up an order.
Quadratec - Great prices, but nothing is ever in stock. Shipping takes a long time, usually 2-3 weeks.

Has anyone ever shopped at Performance Products? I was looking at some stuff in their catalogs, and was just curious, hence the reason for this rather inane post.

Thanks!
-Ben

1948 CJ-2A - R.I.P.; Rest in Progress...
1987 Wrangler - 4-inch Procomp, Rancho Shocks, Arb Snorkel, Con-Ferr Rack, Pacesetter Header
1994 Grand Cherokee, Stock, 30-inch BFG All-Terrains
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: shopping expieriences..

In another life, I had a '92 Explorer. I purchased a lift kit, bushings, shocks and an air filter from Performance Products. I was very happy with the whole transaction.

When I got my Jeep, theirs was the first catalog I requested. I was disappointed that they did not have that much CJ stuff in their catalog.

I highly recommend them.

Mike

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 10:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've had nothing but great experiances with 4WD Hardware. I've spent almost $4000 there so that's a lot of orders and they have only sent me the wrong part one time and corrected the mistake immediately. I resently started buyins parts from Krage Motor Sports in Tennessee. They have fantastic prices and only charge you actual shipping instead of a chart price. This almost always saves more money. They are a small operation and the phone stays busy, but they are great to deal with. www.jeepdoc.com is the website.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 11:48 AM
I Do This For The Glory

My dad ordered a Jardine exhaust from Performance Products and there was a problem with it. Jardine gave him the runaround, to the Nth degree, and couldn't/wouldn't help. One call to Performance and it was picked up with all his money refunded, and a lot of apologizing as well. He was very pleased with them and has since ordered from them a few times, always a pleasant experience.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 07:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I have spent nearly 10.000 or better through 4 wheel drive hardware, good service and competitive prices and quality products. Except 1 piece of madness, a rear disc conversion by Stainles Steel Company. The kit was a rediculas abortion, it didnt fit and the instructions were incorrect, now this is a 6 or 7 hundred dallor kit, I would have looked for the parts my self and done it at a quarter of the price however time was the enemy. So I call Stainless and they tell us that they know about the problem and cant help. They said they see no reason to change the kit. We could not believe it! So I call 4WD hardware and they also have had this problem come up before. They made me pay for the shipping return and made me wait to see if Stainless was going to refund there money before they would refund mine. Mean while I waisted the time I was trying to save by using a kit that was advertised as a bolt on. Then I hear about TSM, got there kit and it fit like a glove, Only they told me I wouldnt nessessarily have to change the prop valve or the master, man what a mistake. After a whole bunch of time and money the breaks performed exactly the same. So I heard about MP breaks got on there web sight and it seams they are the break gods, there web sight layes it all out in detail with a complete trouble shooting guide, they offer a dual diafram booster with the master, mount bracetry, and pedal rod rod all assembled, they have any prop valve you can think of. Just got it in and will install it this week.(( verry pricy )) Moral of the novel, Stainless steel break kits suck and 4WD hardware is real good but not always, and if ya do want a disc conversion done in a hurry have a damn costom break shop do it. jim
I feel beter.

(JEEP LAW) 4 modifications per application
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode