whos brave enough to make their own brake lines?? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 08:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: whos brave enough to make their own brake lines??

...Look in JC Whitney...they have stainless steel brake kits from $149.00...complete with the 3 flex lines and are pre-bent for every vehicle...my brothers jeep went together great with that kit.

Mark (OIIIIO) Langmotorsports(business)
1977/CJ7/Glasstub/460ciFord/C6Auto/NP205/4"LIFT/33'S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 10:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Remember we're talking about brake lines.....(high pressure) and you sure don't want them to fail on you.

post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 10:53 AM
Way Outta Control

Tim, I'd like to second Mudmanic's suggestion if you really don't wish to build your own lines. That's not a bad price for a complete set of SS lines AND the three Flex lines. If I remember when I rebuild mine last year the NAPA brake flex line from the rear hard line to the axles was <font color=red>$28</font color=red> and the font lines were <font color=red>$35</font color=red> each. The sections of hard line I used was about $7, and I used three, one 3/8" section and three 3/16" sections, and then there were a couple of fittings. If you don't want the hassle of building your own, the JCW kit seems quite reasonable to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Wow $150 is a great price for the whole kit. Not that am not up to making my own... But for that price, i guess i will have to do it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Its really a shame that AMC thought floors should be optional[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #15 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 09:46 PM

Buy your tube bender at home depot, they have two, one for 25 and one for 10, same thing and they work great.

post #16 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 05:48 PM
Dunckelman

FYI - I work for Parker Hannifin, Tube Fittings Division. I would be glad to offer any assistance or information you need on Ferulok fittings. I hadn't really thought about using them on a brake line. But, obviously this would work well.

Allen Dunckelman

post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

mud- I looked all over the web site for the brake lines, but i couldn't find them. Can you help? That is a really great price.

Its really a shame that AMC thought floors should be optional[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 08:57 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I re-did all the brakelines on my 79 CJ . My local auto parts store has pre-made steel brakelines from 15" all the way to 7ft.( in 6 " increments) I borrowed a cheapy bender and measured my old lines with string and then went and bought the closest length . I did my whole CJ for under 35 bucks ( including to the master from the proportioning valve) . It just takes some time fiddling with the bender and getting the angles right .
Good luck .

Jeff

<font color=black>CJ.... Need I Say More ?? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode